kear in for DV

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
thegimble

Re: kear in for DV

Post by thegimble »

Cruncher posted:
100% Warrior posted:
With this story and the squad numbers not being released yet it does make you wonder if there's still a bit of movement to made with the squad before next season.

I feel a bit sorry for Vaealiki as it would appear that he was signed due to the panic of missing out on Gasnier (who I never thought would ever sign for us) and he arrived still recovering after a very serious injury. I don't think there's many worse injuries for someone with pace than the achilles tendon.

He just doesn't seem to have got over it since he arrived, whether he's fit but afraid of re-injuring only he knows but I don't think Wigan have had a chance to see the best of him.

However, if we are to release a player I do think it will be him as Richards was played out of position for part of last season and that could have been a reason for his form not being as good as when he played for Wests in the NRL.

If one does leave can anyone think of any good goal kicking prop forwards ? :eusa16:

Just thought we could sort out both problem areas with one player. :lol1:
Talking to fellow Wigan fanatics, there are various prop forwards' names being bandied about. The main ones are: FFMM (or however it's spelt), Bailey, Coley and even Peacock.

None, as far as I'm aware, are goal-kickers, but in order of preference (and purely fantasising here, because I wouldn't believe it until it happened), I'd opt for: Peacock, Coley, FFMM, Bailey.

Of course it may be none of those. It may be no-one at all, just more salary cap panic, which would surely be the final condemnation of our current controllers, especially if it DID involve the loss of both Richards and DV.

For what it's worth, if we ended up signing either Coley or Bailey, I'd still be irritated if it cost us both PR and DV. Surely the loss of DV's wages alone would be enough to bring in either one of those two? (EL Magic anyone? He can kick as well as score tries, he isn't quota and - and for once this might be a plus - he's 30-odd, so he wouldn't cost a great deal).
Squad is not ready to be announced thats obvious to all.

One thing is obvious some are going question is will we be brinning some in.
joeb

Post by joeb »

no props and no kicker then why let scully leave :o
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It's a time of uncertainty and unknowns. I think losing 1, hopefully DV would be good. Richards, perhaps keep for another season.
leo

Post by leo »

i hope wake sign them both. they will be challenging for top six
leo

Post by leo »

all solomona did is chuck the ball away and set up a few tries. brett ferres is alot better.halpenny was never super league class. but we will miss korki
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

I shall stick to my old statement that, players do not make a team, the team makes the players.

Wakefield may have sold some of their so called better players but those players have been playing at Wakefield for the past few years and Wakefield have been around the bottom of the league for most of those years. Kear is trying to build a team at Wakefield rather than a team based around one or two good players.

Wigan have the money and have tried to get success by brining in top names, perhaps at the expense of English talent and that hasn't worked for Wigan so far.

In the end part of a season always comes down to luck no matter how good or bad the team is, we can only judge on which coaches did the right thing after the season has been played.
leo

Post by leo »

i agree if players gel they can be a better team instead of a team of superstars who cant play together
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Matthew posted:
If we did offload DV then I would expect us to have to pay the difference between his wages here and at the wildcats - so it might not save us that much. Richards would be easier to sell - as he is probably on less money and has performed (a little) better for Wigan.
I'm not sure about that. Whilst he's entitled to hold Wigan to the very nice contract he's on, if the club made it very clear they didn't want him, and assuming that Wakey's salary offer was pretty reasonable, then he could be persuaded to walk of his own accord. He's had a couple of years getting quite wealthy out of us, and Wakey might also be able to offer him a longer term deal than would be on offer at Wigan - this is his final year on his contract and if Wakey dangled another 3 year deal in his face then that might also be a factor. It might not cost us anything, or perhaps only a fairly small amount compared to the £150,000 he's reputed to be earning at the moment. But even if we've got to pay him £50,000, we're still left with a decent sum for a new prop or whatever.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Look's like he think's he's staying at Wigan in WO tonight also says he has trained hard and very fit going into this season although im glad to here this also a bit bemused it read's like he didn't take last couple of years that seriously . Shuold we give him another try ,not that we seem to have a choice ,but I always thought he was a bit unlucky injury wise and in a bad team ,now not sure if he was bothered at all he may still not be but want's another contract after this year :angry:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bendy Hendy

Post by Bendy Hendy »

HOPEFULLY he can show the kind of form he had a para!!
Just seemed to me to be very lazy last year, but who knows Noble could bring the best out of him :lol:
THI CORNT RUN BOUT LEGS

GET AMUNGST UM