peacock is coming

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
southstander

Re: peacock is coming

Post by southstander »

It would be good but i doubt it unless Dv and maybe some one else go on oan or even we sell them then maybe but who knows
'thats not a try thats a miracle!'
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

now breath JM...

punctuation helps :lol:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Rumours on RLFans for a possible attempt to sign Jamie Thackray as he is "unhappy" at Leeds.

According to an article on Sky Sports he has lost all confidence in his ability during the pre season, sounds like the sort of signing Wigan would make.

I actually think Trackray could be a good signing and Leeds might let him go because he said he was unhappy at the training techniques and I can't see Leeds changing everything just for one players and Trackray has worked under Brain Noble before when in the GB squad.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

adrenalinxx posted:
Rumours on RLFans for a possible attempt to sign Jamie Thackray as he is "unhappy" at Leeds.

According to an article on Sky Sports he has lost all confidence in his ability during the pre season, sounds like the sort of signing Wigan would make.

I actually think Trackray could be a good signing and Leeds might let him go because he said he was unhappy at the training techniques and I can't see Leeds changing everything just for one players and Trackray has worked under Brain Noble before when in the GB squad.
#

Again though, I suspect the salary cap might be a problem. Theoretically, if we were in a position to offer a 3-year deal to Paul King, then signing Thack should be no problem, but a new arrival on RLFans suggests that the King deal fell through because Mo got his sums wrong - yet again - regarding the salary cap.

No reason to believe the new guy any more than anyone else, but this would certainly explain why we haven't brought in an additional front-rower, since everyone on the planet who watches the game thinks we should.

Again, it looks like the key could be unloading DV, but this is now looking like a vain hope.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

adrenalinxx posted:
Not quite. There is no rumour that the club is looking to sign Thackery. The original post on that thread went along the lines of "Thackery is unhappy should Wigan sign him to solve the prop situation."

This is along way from the "my mate, who is ML's love child, told me Wigan are after...." type of rumours.
It might but there is no indication what so ever that Wigan are interested. This rumour started fairly and squarely on the rlfans message board not from someone posting they believed Wigan were after him.

You post is perpetuating the rumour and makes it sound as if this is something someone associated with Wigan as heard.
....and Trackray has worked under Brain Noble before when in the GB squad.
Briefly and that was that so if anything that suggests Noble was not impressed enough to make him a GB regular.

Dave