wigan may be deducted six points

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
robjoenz

Re: wigan may be deducted ...

Post by robjoenz »

primrose-n-blue posted:
I don't have a problem with clubs bending the rules to win trophies or even to stay in SL. All clubs have that right to take the gamble. If Warington so choose not to follow that path and take the moral persuit and remain cupless then so be it to.
It's not in the right spirit though is it, to knowingly cheat.
Bear

Post by Bear »

Baaaaaah haaaaa how do you remember how many As are in you user name :conf: :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

robjoenz posted:
primrose-n-blue posted:
I don't have a problem with clubs bending the rules to win trophies or even to stay in SL. All clubs have that right to take the gamble. If Warington so choose not to follow that path and take the moral persuit and remain cupless then so be it to.
It's not in the right spirit though is it, to knowingly cheat.
correct rob we can all make mistakes with calculaters but ti knowigly do it mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm naughty maurice :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

primrose-n-blue posted:
Yeah, your right, some might call it cheating others may say, well if the RFL are so weak as to act on it heavily then go and do it.
A lecture on cheating from a man (presumably) that supports a team that contains Lee Briers! Hilarious!

By the way - there are 2 r's in Warrington.

As all this remains conjecture at this point it is all too predictable for you to waffle on about how many points we will be deducted - do you think that if the "mighty" wire were in the same position; we would bombard whatever ZX81 powered website the wire fans inhabit? I don't think so either.

It will be interesting to see how the Wolves fair under the cap next year with the signing of Morley - can't see him taking home less money than Fielden.

When was the last time Wire won a trophy anyway?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Matthew posted:
When was the last time Wire won a trophy anyway?
In 1991 they won the Regal Trophy, sorry had time to spare. Who won the last ever Regal Trophy, its was of course Wigan they beats St Helens 25-16.

Wigan were also the last team to win the Rugby League Charity Shield, the Rugby League Premiership, Lancashire Cup and Lancashire League. What happened to those trophies did Wigan get to keep them?

Wigan also once entered the Yorkshire Cup, its a shame they didn't win it, it would make an interesting trivia question.
jollygiant3107

Post by jollygiant3107 »

wigan got to keep all the trophys,all nicely displayed in the stadium.
jollygiant3107

Post by jollygiant3107 »

:) they also got to keep the original challenge cup,as they won it sooo many times.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

primrose-n-blue posted:
medlocke posted:
Like it matters what a Warrington fan think's, we may get deducted and not make the six, but at least we know what success tastes like :sly:
Yeah, your right, some might call it cheating others may say, well if the RFL are so weak as to act on it heavily then go and do it.
How moral was it to release even with mutual consent a player who has put his body on the line all season to accommodate Johns. I for one applauded Wire for its innovation but to take the moral high ground is a bit rich. :doz:
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

If it does transpire that Wigan broke the salary cap in 2006, I'll be bitterly disappointed given their experience the previous year.

However, it was very much a case of do or die, and in that respect, I'm not going to lambast them.

The RFL have contrived to create a situation now whereby if a SL club gets relegated, it drops into the semi-amateur ranks. This could well be the kiss of death for that club.

The first thing the relegated club has to do is release all its best players, because they won't want to stay and/or will have get-out clauses in their contracts, but also because the RFL - in its bull-headed drive to create a level playing field everywhere - won't allow them to be paid what they're worth.

The relegated club will then, probably - certainly if it was formerly one of the bigger SL clubs - have to resign itself to losing its coach. After that, it will need to prepare for massively reduced attendances and a subsequent huge loss in income, as well as a much poorer return on its merchandising, etc.

Bear in mind that at least half of our current SL teams could not survive having their already pathetic crowds reduced by even a little bit, but even Wigan - who are constantly duelling with Latics for the attention of 'floating' supporters, would suffer badly. In short, it would be devastation across the board.

In the old days, you got relegated and found yourself in competiton with clubs who were only marginally weaker than the clubs at the bottom of the First Division. With a bit of luck, and some investment, you could overpower them and get promoted again the next year. Now, in NL1, there's no real room to invest, so even if you do manage to scramble back across the immeasurable gulf to SL, you'll be so reduced as a club that you're likely to go down again straight away - Cas being the perfect example.

All this, theoretically, will change when the franchises come in. But there's still one season left before the trapdoor at the foot of SL is closed, and if a club is on the verge of going through it, they'd be well advised to cheat - the alternative hardly bears thinking about.
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

(I go on record)
If you get 6 points this season, you will go down unless you break the salary cap again this year and buy two quality props.
And then go on to continually, breaking the salary cap until the 2009 safety line saves face!! :roll: