wigan may be deducted six points

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
heydude

wigan may be deducted six points

Post by heydude »

hi all
know i haven't been on here for a long time
and have put this in the rumour mill but to me this has come from a good source but was talking to an good friend who went to australia for the tri-nations and he told me he had a discussion with a certain coach (ours) about wigan are prepared for a six point deduction in the forthcoming season so to me they definitely knew with the signing of fielden this put them over the salary cap and also a blatant disregard for the rules that govern our game.
don't eat yellow snow
Cruncher

Re: wigan may be deducted six ...

Post by Cruncher »

Not sure what kind of response you're expecting to this, but frankly, we've heard it all before.

Also, your friend must be a very important guy for Brian Noble to personally inform him that we've broken the rules and will be deducted points.
adrenalinxx

Re: wigan may be deducted ...

Post by adrenalinxx »

Cruncher posted:
Not sure what kind of response you're expecting to this, but frankly, we've heard it all before.

Also, your friend must be a very important guy for Brian Noble to personally inform him that we've broken the rules and will be deducted points.
I agree this has all been discussed before, I heard that Noble and Lindsey have worked closely with the RFL to make sure that Wigan did not go over the salary cap last season and have also been working with them to make sure that the 2007 squad is within the salary cap. Of course we will only know what is going to happen when the RFL review the salary cap for last season sometime towards the end of this season.

I'm sure after after the Fielden signing and the points deduction last season Lindsey said that the RFL checked the cap and gave them the all clear providing they could released enough players which I'm sure Wigan have done.
heydude

Post by heydude »

Cruncher posted:

sorry cruncher wasn't expecting a response just saying what was said to me that is why it's in the rumour mill i ain't after winding people up just stating what was told to me and saying if it is true (which i can't see why my friend would lie but maybe he has been misinformed that is why it's in the rumour mill) it's disgraceful of wigan/maurice to disregard our governing body.
don't eat yellow snow
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

heydude posted:
Cruncher posted:

sorry cruncher wasn't expecting a response just saying what was said to me that is why it's in the rumour mill i ain't after winding people up just stating what was told to me and saying if it is true (which i can't see why my friend would lie but maybe he has been misinformed that is why it's in the rumour mill) it's disgraceful of wigan/maurice to disregard our governing body.
What you say about the points deduction may be true, but if it is, your mate knows NOTHING about it.

Sorry to be brusque, but people like your mate are on this board all the time, giving us info that is apparently 'fact'.

Going back far enough, we were definitely going to sign Jamie Lyon. Then it was Sonny Bill Williams. Then it was Deacon and Solomona. More recently, we have defo signed McGuire, Vainokolo, Faz, Peacock, Moi Moi, Hape, etc. Or alternatively, if you only trade in bad news, we have defo picked up a points deduction - depending on your (or your mate's) source, it ranges from 2 points to 14 points. And in each case, the informant (or his mate) knows someone high up in the hierarchy of the club who can be trusted implicitly - so much so that, sometimes, the info actually leaked out before the club had even done its accounts. Now that's what I call inside information.

Sorry bud. Your mate DIDN'T speak to Brian Noble in Aus, unless it was as a bar-fly sticking his nose in where it wasn't wanted. And even if he had done, I somehow doubt that, during the period when Wigan were hoping to sell thousands upon thousands of season-tickets, the main man would have let slip a bad news story like that.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

:eusa2:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

They may also not be deducted points.
:conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
heydude

Post by heydude »

Cruncher posted:

What you say about the points deduction may be true, but if it is, your mate knows NOTHING about it.

Sorry to be brusque, but people like your mate are on this board all the time, giving us info that is apparently 'fact'.

Going back far enough, we were definitely going to sign Jamie Lyon. Then it was Sonny Bill Williams. Then it was Deacon and Solomona. More recently, we have defo signed McGuire, Vainokolo, Faz, Peacock, Moi Moi, Hape, etc. Or alternatively, if you only trade in bad news, we have defo picked up a points deduction - depending on your (or your mate's) source, it ranges from 2 points to 14 points. And in each case, the informant (or his mate) knows someone high up in the hierarchy of the club who can be trusted implicitly - so much so that, sometimes, the info actually leaked out before the club had even done its accounts. Now that's what I call inside information.

Sorry bud. Your mate DIDN'T speak to Brian Noble in Aus, unless it was as a bar-fly sticking his nose in where it wasn't wanted. And even if he had done, I somehow doubt that, during the period when Wigan were hoping to sell thousands upon thousands of season-tickets, the main man would have let slip a bad news story like that.
HEY why don't you take a chill pill or drink yourself into a coma because this post is in THE RUMOUR MILL do you get it THE RUMOUR MILL(that is why i put it in this message board so certain people wouldn't have little tantrums about it but how wrong was i) so get off your high horse i've tried to be courteous but get it thrown in my face also my mate did go to aus and spoke to brian noble and he is a teetotaler and 45 years old and someone i have trusted for a very long time.
Personally i don't normally post these comments about my nan said this or the man in the pub said that but this was someone i trust and was informing people on the message board via the rumour mill that they might have to prepared for a little bit of a disappointment next season as i said in my first post wigan have prepared for a six point deduction didn't say are getting just said are prepared.
:angry:
don't eat yellow snow
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

The trouble is that everyone who posts a rumour on here has absolutely no reason to doubt their source of information. Yet almost none of these rumours come true. (Knowing our luck, this one probably will).

However, I take your point - this is only a 'rumours' board, so fair enough. The point I was trying to make, somewhat drunkenly I admit, is that reiterating the same rumours over and over again, each time from a different 'impeccable' source, is getting boringly repetitive even by the standards of RL message-boards.

We've heard this particular story so many times now - often from trolls who have no actual source of info at all but are desperate to try and deflate us as we build towards the new season - that you can't blame people for being dismissive about it.

From the outset, I never said that points deduction wasn't a possibility. On the contrary, I feel it is. But I dismissed the possibility of your mate's private but potentially explosive conversation with Brian Noble, and I still do, because BN is a highly discreet guy, and I very much doubt he would pass on such delicate information to someone he doesn't know (and if he does know him, then he clearly doesn't know him well enough).

So many of the posters who come on here with amazing stories about behind-the-scenes activities claim to have the ear of top people at the club, yet clearly they don't. Sorry for being rude, but I can't help getting frustrated and irritated with it all.

adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

heydude posted:
Cruncher posted:

HEY why don't you take a chill pill or drink yourself into a coma because this post is in THE RUMOUR MILL do you get it THE RUMOUR MILL(that is why i put it in this message board so certain people wouldn't have little tantrums about it but how wrong was i) so get off your high horse i've tried to be courteous but get it thrown in my face also my mate did go to aus and spoke to brian noble and he is a teetotaler and 45 years old and someone i have trusted for a very long time.
Personally i don't normally post these comments about my nan said this or the man in the pub said that but this was someone i trust and was informing people on the message board via the rumour mill that they might have to prepared for a little bit of a disappointment next season as i said in my first post wigan have prepared for a six point deduction didn't say are getting just said are prepared.
:angry:
Come mate I think you need to relax a bit, Cruncher is right to, the orginal post does sound a bit far fetched to me, sounds like the old "My mates, mates, brothers, cousin who once saw Brain Noble driving his car, told me...", most coaches do not randomly discuss things about the club before they are officially announced.

Only you know if this story is true or not but if it is not please don't make up stories because many people don't like it, just post what the rumour could be a let people discuss it, otherwise people will not take it seriously.

Also the idea of a rumour mill is that it is speculation, things should not be claimed as fact, specially when it comes to what people have said or done.