wigan may be deducted six points

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
thegimble

Re: wigan may be deducted ...

Post by thegimble »

The my mates cousin who knows someone in authority is funny. So much rumor regarding this that almost everyone believes its now fact.

1. No one apart the club will know and i doubt if we are in trouble any player or coach apart from Noble will know about it.

2. People bring up Fielden and say we wnt over. Jerry retired and he was on decent money. And othersleft

3. My favourite one is this we sign Fielden and put him on a basis of more next season.

4. Rads played for free for us so that is another thing to take into account.

5. Any coach that gets paid is not on the cap.

6. Biggest reason for the rumors we pissed of the Saints fans by staying up and looking a threat too them soon. Though not next season.
heydude

Post by heydude »

adrenalinxx posted:

Come mate I think you need to relax a bit,
sorry but i am so relaxed at the moment i could fall off my chair,
to cruncher i get your point that is why i put it in the rumour mill and i am definitely no troll i'm a wigan fan through and through.my point which i should have put in my first post is that if it is true (believe or not to believe) wigan or should i says it's hiearchy might be disregarding the rules again which many posters on here slated saints/hull for and as a wigan fan would hurt me if it was to happen again.
don't eat yellow snow
heydude

Post by heydude »

Flash posted:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it impossible to get a 6 point deduction this season? I thought the points penalties had been doubled for this season meaning there is no 6 point deduction. If I'm right I'm sure BN would know this which would make this story highly improbable at best.
i thought they had treble the punishment points which would mean it could be feasible.
don't eat yellow snow
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

adrenalinxx posted:
Cruncher posted:
Not sure what kind of response you're expecting to this, but frankly, we've heard it all before.

Also, your friend must be a very important guy for Brian Noble to personally inform him that we've broken the rules and will be deducted points.
I agree this has all been discussed before, I heard that Noble and Lindsey have worked closely with the RFL to make sure that Wigan did not go over the salary cap last season and have also been working with them to make sure that the 2007 squad is within the salary cap. Of course we will only know what is going to happen when the RFL review the salary cap for last season sometime towards the end of this season.

I'm sure after after the Fielden signing and the points deduction last season Lindsey said that the RFL checked the cap and gave them the all clear providing they could released enough players which I'm sure Wigan have done.
It's perhaps also worth pointing out that the accounts may only have been submitted this weekend to the RFL. From what I remember of the rules, the accounts for the year to November have to be submitted to the RFL by 1st January, so there's a good chance that no-one at the RFL has even started looking at these things yet. We're a long long long time away from any decisions being made about anyone even being found guilty of any breaches, let alone possible punishments...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
superleague

Post by superleague »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
Some of the lower grade squad have definately not been paid i know this for a fact as i have been speaking to some of them.Ive also spoken to a relation of a player who has just left the club who has also stated that the club are way over cap and it is down to fieldens contract.

The last i heard is that a couple of the contracts for the lower grade squad had been held back and not registered by the RFL because of the salary issue,hence the reason why some players had not been paid in the lower ranks.

the way this club is run this would not surprise me.
Bear

Post by Bear »

I had Visions of this happening

There should be a cap in Football but that sport is just Pathetic
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Wigan Worriers

Post by Wigan Worriers »

Reckon you will lose 6 points?
Wigan Worriers

Post by Wigan Worriers »

Bear posted:

Haha numpty!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Wigan Worriers posted:
Bear posted:

Haha numpty!!
That's it, keep it short and to the point on this board. Because you've just had a new butt-hole ripped for you on the other one. :lol:
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Wigan Worriers posted:
Reckon you will lose 6 points?

NO
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE