MR HANLEY COMING BACK

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shawcross da warrior

Re: MR HANLEY COMING BACK

Post by shawcross da warrior »

ologhlin in my view is worse than crap, and i think evereyone knows why he has been picked as captain, because of the legendery 13 ANDY FARRELL... his brother in law has got him the captaincy role at wigan.... thats the only reason it can be he is an awful captain anyway, it makes no difference thow because senior players dont liten to him anyway

you used to see that alot with lam and farrell ehind the posts after the opposition had scored a try...if farrell was giving the team a roloking lammy used to ignore him and just go in a transe......
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

ChrisA posted:
You couldn't mention any of the current squad as having the class and ability of Hanley. Thing is, this current squad is what we have, they are what we support, and most do that. So please, wind your neck in.

Unusual comment

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

shawcross da warrior posted:
i think evereyone knows why he has been picked as captain
Because he'd previously captained a GB Academy team under Mike Gregory's coaching during a successful series against the Aussies?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
bertina

Post by bertina »

medlocke posted:
Yes he is and i bet he proves it yet again this season, i would rather have Kevin Brown at Lock :o
Just what is this obsessive dislike of O'Loughlin all about?
He would get in any team in Super League, no problem.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I agree that O'loughlin hasn't set the league on fire yet but if any of you have read Mike Gregory's book you will have seen how high a regard Gregory holds Oloughlin in. If this great past player and coach is making comments like this then surely he has a very good ability.

ragman

Post by ragman »

yes, the last 30 years !

Bearing in mind that it's 20 years since we signed him, and the ten years prior to that were Wigan's wilderness years.

we've not seen a better player at CP/JJB since Hanley, in any position.(And that includes Andy Farrell)
Bear

Post by Bear »

pieater-alex posted:
medlocke posted:
Lockers is crap, it is plain and simple

he might put all these tacles in, but in how many of those tackles he gets credit for is he actualy the third man in and just lies on the man, still it is an improvement on his head high tackles :sly:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE
O'loughlin is not crap :exc:
I bet, he is proberbly the worste loose in SL :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

I've read some crap posts in my time, but this takes the biscuit.
It's like saying Bostons coming back cos Dallas was rubbish.
Hanley WAS (note past tense) one of the worlds best players ever. Does this make Lockers crap? No I don't think so.
I do beleive it may have been in the clubs best interest to make someone else captain, as I think his form has suffered due to this extra responsibility, but to slate him makes no sense whatsoever.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Lets get behind the team for 2007 and not criticize players before they have even kicked off, if O'Loughlin has been so poor this season then he now in 2007 has the opportunity to prove that wrong, after all in the season before he got injured no one had a bad word to say about the guy.

O'Loughlin has potential to be a very good player for Wigan and we as fans should be hoping for the best out of players and not making harsh criticisms.

I might help O'Loughlin in 2007 to have a decent half back pair instead of trying to do the work Orr and Moran were meant to do, he showed improvement towards the end of the year when Dobson came as did many of the other players.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

some people just dont know there rugby league or crap means something else to them as it does to me :angry: :conf:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME