MR HANLEY COMING BACK

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
lucky 13

Re: MR HANLEY COMING BACK

Post by lucky 13 »

Hanley a great player and a better man off the feild than i thought having read Mike Gregory's book.
This post sounds like a wind up ,but Bell to come back n play centre Boston on wing I could go on but to have wrote so much shows how long this off season has been.[
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

[quote]adrenalinxx posted:

O'Loughlin has potential to be a very good player for Wigan and we as fans should be hoping for the best out of players and not making harsh criticisms.

[quote]

Dennis Moran Springs to mind
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

locker's will do well this year and yes we should surport them , last season we did and next season's team will be ok , injury permiting
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

medlocke posted:
adrenalinxx posted:

O'Loughlin has potential to be a very good player for Wigan and we as fans should be hoping for the best out of players and not making harsh criticisms.

Dennis Moran Springs to mind
Denis Moran was always poor for Wigan he had about 3 reasonable games for Wigan, so far O'Loughlin has had 1 good season and 1 poor season, therefore the 3rd season should decide whether he is a good season or not.

Anyway find me a stat that suggests that Sean O'Loughlin is a bad player.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

adrenalinxx posted:
medlocke posted:
adrenalinxx posted:

Denis Moran was always poor for Wigan he had about 3 reasonable games for Wigan, so far O'Loughlin has had 1 good season and 1 poor season, therefore the 3rd season should decide whether he is a good season or not.

Anyway find me a stat that suggests that Sean O'Loughlin is a bad player.
Last season was his 3rd. He was very disappointing in his first season, albeit playing various different positions across the park (mostly at 6). His 2nd season was superb, and as for last year it seems some people have only looked at the high tackles he was putting in early in the season and ignored the rest, such as him being our only useful field kicker for quite a few games, or the huge number of other, legitimate tackles he made. He was far from perfect, was not very effective as captain, and like all the team had a couple of terrible games, but there were plenty other players out there at least equally deserving of the criticism that gets levelled at him on here.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

If stating my opinions about a players poor form is criticism then so be it. That must mean if you say something about a player playing well then that must be praise.

Personally I disagree with both

I do not criticise or praise player unless I state I have done so. I call it as I see it with no feelings either way unless stated.

“His play was poor” Is this criticising or merely stating opinion?

“He played very well” Is this praise or merely opinion again?

I don’t go in for that so called criticising players business. I go in for stating my opinion and nothing more. I believe there is a weakness in people’s personalities when they tell me what I’m doing or saying when it is not favourable to a player they like.

Accept other peoples opinions for crying out load!

I will tell people when I’m criticising and not allow them to tell me.

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Wigan Watcher posted:
I don’t go in for that so called criticising players business. I go in for stating my opinion and nothing more. I believe there is a weakness in people’s personalities when they tell me what I’m doing or saying when it is not favourable to a player they like.
I agree with what you say, for the most part, although I think there is also a weakness in people's personalities that once they decide there's a player they don't like, that player can't do anything right in their eyes. A friend of mine used to criticise Farrell no matter what he did, this friend just didn't like the guy so even on those occasions when he was almost single-handedly driving the team around the pitch he was still in the wrong for doing too much (even if no-one else was doing their share - a game against London at Brentford about 3 years ago springs to mind when Farrell basically beat London himself in the 2nd half of the game...)

In the same way that some people get too defensive about their favourite players, some people can get equally blinkered in their dislike of a player. I wouldn't accuse you of either, and hopefully I'm the same, but I do think there is an element of that on here as well sometimes.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Not creeping but a very good point that fragle ,my dad was a bit like that with Faz :blush:
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

farrell was every bit as good a player as hanley was!lockers will get better and better he cost us nothing and doesnt take up a quota spot.if you where looking to replace lockers with another G.B player it would cost wigan another record fee! this again is only my opinion maybe you disagree but i wont take it personal. :wink:
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
kinell

Post by kinell »

wigan1977 posted:
TO SHOW LOOSE FORWARDS HOW TO PLAY AT THE AGE OF JUST 42 HE WONTS LOCKERS PLAC, HES GOT MORE PASSION AND CAN BEET A PLAYER GOOD LUK LOCKERS
wigan1977 posted:
TO SHOW LOOSE FORWARDS HOW TO PLAY AT THE AGE OF JUST 42 HE WONTS LOCKERS PLAC, HES GOT MORE PASSION AND CAN BEET A PLAYER GOOD LUK LOCKERS
TO FOLLOW ON IN AGENT MILLWARDS WORK? WHO WOULD SUSPECT THE BLACK PEARL? HE`S GOT MY VOTE!