i wonder?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wigan rugby

i wonder?

Post by wigan rugby »

well i was just thinking if sean gleeson has gone on a loan to huddersfield and nathen mcavoy has not renewed his loan is there going to be someone coming in or is it just because of the salary cap situation :eusa16:
"We got the best club in all of the world
we got Barrett and Kenny
Edwards and Hanley
Boston and Kevin Irooooooooo
oooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo"

Watch My Wigan Warriors Video On Youtube And Please Leave A Comment
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFqmejJ0_8

adrenalinxx

Re: i wonder?

Post by adrenalinxx »

wigan rugby posted:
well i was just thinking if sean gleeson has gone on a loan to huddersfield and nathen mcavoy has not renewed his loan is there going to be someone coming in or is it just because of the salary cap situation :eusa16:
A 2 month loan does not give much space on the salary cap, if Gleeson was going for a season then perhaps they might be trying to free up more salary cap but I think it has more to do with giving Gleeson game time as there is a spot available in the Huddersfield squad after the injury to Aspinwal.
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

although on sky sports site it quotes wakefield are ready to spend and vaeleki is mentioned again :blush:
right cross

Post by right cross »

we can only hope : :exc:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

adrenalinxx posted:
wigan rugby posted:
A 2 month loan does not give much space on the salary cap, if Gleeson was going for a season then perhaps they might be trying to free up more salary cap but I think it has more to do with giving Gleeson game time as there is a spot available in the Huddersfield squad after the injury to Aspinwal.
Particularly given that Gleason won't be an expensive player. He's outside the 20/25 quota, so at most he would only free up space for another fringe player if we are as close to the cap limit as many are suggesting...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Can we use the Freedom of Information Act to gain access to Wigans finances and Salary cap situation???? Legally?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

we didnt have room to pay radders under the cap and a couple of weeks later we signed fielden, so just because the club quotes salary cap restrictions for being unable to sign certain players it doesn't mean we don't have something in the pipeline
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

ancientnloyal posted:
Can we use the Freedom of Information Act to gain access to Wigans finances and Salary cap situation???? Legally?
I don't think so because Wigan Rugby League is not a public body and therefore does not have to give up information on request under the Freedom of Information act 2000.

Also even if they did have to give information they could refuse due to the Data Protection Act or something similar.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

In last nights Wigan Evening post ML said that if Gleeson does well then Huddersfield might make an offer to take him permanantly.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

gillysmyhero posted:
In last nights Wigan Evening post ML said that if Gleeson does well then Huddersfield might make an offer to take him permanantly.
Permanatly on loan or permanatly on a contract?