Carney

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Cruncher

Re: Carney

Post by Cruncher »

adrenalinxx posted:
Carney will deffinatly NOT be coming back to Wigan this season under any circumstance because Gold Coast still have his registration and he told them to keep it so he can not play for another club:
"Carney has requested the Titans hold back his release so that he will be unable to play for any other club."

"I have told the Titans to hold back a contractual release to ensure that media speculation is not about me doing this to go back to Great Britain to play rugby league or rugby union."
BBC Sport
Yes, but I can't help feeling that this is so much hot air. If all parties were agreeable - and money usually has that effect on people - Carney's contract can be bought out quite easily.

He's serving no purpose for Gold Coast being under contract to them but not playing. Likewise, he's hardly fulfilling any personal ambition sitting on the sidelines. I still feel sure that if Wigan - or another moneyed SL club - were in a position to offer him a place, both he and Gold Coast would be prepared to talk.

As I said before though, it would only make sense for Wigan to do this if they were losing either Calderwood or Richards as part of a deal for Peacock. Of course, I'm not running Wigan, and sense doesn't always come into the machinations of Messrs. Lindsay and Whelan.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Carney is finishing his Masters in Law, in a few years he will set up a solicitors in Wigan. Some people will be running round Wigan trying to find a loose paving stone so they can trip over and go get Brain Carney to represent them.

If he had a solicitors, people would just go because they could meat Carney.
wiglol

Post by wiglol »

when you look at alot of the players now, rugby league is where they come from, they've been playing since they were kids. Bri came into it much later on, so yes there is a possibility that he is just taking a bit of time out of the game.

He did extremely well down under but he was always aware of the saying "home is where the heart is", he gradually realised that being down under didn't feel like a long term option. He is most definately one of the most genuine guys you could want to know and if he says he ain't coming back...then he ain't, but i think he knows and also we know that this is probably a time out situation and he's now in the situation to get in tip top condition and given the chance could hit his peak in a year or 2, he's aware that he may want to return to the game and i know how strong his feelings are for wigan if a return was made it would only be wigan he signed for.
"Winning isn't everything...but wanting to win is"

"The way a man wins, shows much of his character, the way he loses, shows all of it"

"The spirit, the will to win and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur"
mikeyt

Post by mikeyt »

It is in the wep tonight about a rumour doing the rounds that Richards is going taking carneys place at the titans and carney will come back to wigan. Both clubs have denied anything has been said but titans boss said richards would be good for them!!
botica

Post by botica »

Do you not think Phil was being a joker on the strength of 1 round played and it's a long season. Putting Carney in the frame was possibly his idea of a joke and could have easily have said Elvis, and perhaps people would have got the punchline. Thats the way i heard it anyway. :roll:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010