Carney

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Cruncher

Re: Carney

Post by Cruncher »

shawcross da warrior posted:
carney cant come anyway because he told gold coast to keep his contract so we would have to pay big money to buy it out......

if vaeliki goes this is deffinatly an option but i would sooner get a prop... :doz:
I can't see that paying Gold Coast a healthy transfer fee for Carney would be much of a problem, especially as transfer fees don't count on the cap. If DV went to Wakey, then that would make room for a new Carney contract with Wigan.

But you're right, if Peacock wasn't part of the overall deal, then none of this would be worth doing. And as he isn't likely to be, it's pie in the sky.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

shawcross da warrior posted:
carney cant come anyway because he told gold coast to keep his contract so we would have to pay big money to buy it out......

if vaeliki goes this is deffinatly an option but i would sooner get a prop... :doz:
Ever thought of why this was.

Could it be that a deal is already done and Carney saves face by saying that.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Matthew posted:
ancientnloyal posted:
Vaealiki > Wakefield
Richards > centre
Carney on wing
Gold Coast > $100,000
Vaeliki = ANYWHERE, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S SACRED, ANYWHERE!
Richards -> Centre = Disaster
Carney = Retirement, we don't need another season of him playing half a dozen games!
Matthew posted:
ancientnloyal posted:
Vaealiki > Wakefield
Richards > centre
Carney on wing
Gold Coast > $100,000
Vaeliki = ANYWHERE, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S SACRED, ANYWHERE!
Richards -> Centre = Disaster
Carney = Retirement, we don't need another season of him playing half a dozen games!
I think your being hard on Carney,any player can have a bad season with injuries.Dont forget last season he was voted the best winger in NRL which is no mean feat.I,d have instead off DV or Richards.Yes iam a bit of a Carney fan
right cross

Post by right cross »

if he does he will be another on a free meal ticket ,i remember everytime he took the ball in ,9 times out of 10 when he got up from the tackle he was injured or something ,never really 100% on him at wigan .think he was brilliant in aus,wonder why he jacked in? does anyone know . surley they weren't to rough ,not on wing.
jammie

Post by jammie »

i read in one of the RL papers that john kear had made an enquiry about DV and nobby told him he wasn't for sale,so unless the situation has changed it looks like he is going no where.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

jammie posted:
i read in one of the RL papers that john kear had made an enquiry about DV and nobby told him he wasn't for sale,so unless the situation has changed it looks like he is going no where.
Unless we were expected to subsidise his salary i just dont get this at all. he has offered us nothing to believe he is worth the money he is payed. If he was to go we have lost nothing except poss MacAvoy who admitedly is no world beater but he was a dam sight better than the V.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

It would depend on the offer - if we had to pay a high percentage of DV's salary for him to go, then I can see why they turned it down. Likewise Dv is unlikely to move somewhere else and take a pay cut when Wigan are paying his pension.

After all - he can probably still move to Wakefield next year even if he doesn't play a single game this year and at the moment he is rumoured to be on £150K+ - for doing absolutely jack (and yes, I am including the time he spends on the pitch supposedly "playing")

If Kear had offered a remotely sensible offer then I am sure that Noble would have got rid of DV in a heartbeat and kept McAvoy. I wouldn't be surprised if Goulding gets picked ahead of DV this year.

Hopefully the club has learnt a lesson about players who have no interest in playing rugby.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Matthew posted:
It would depend on the offer - if we had to pay a high percentage of DV's salary for him to go, then I can see why they turned it down. Likewise Dv is unlikely to move somewhere else and take a pay cut when Wigan are paying his pension.

After all - he can probably still move to Wakefield next year even if he doesn't play a single game this year and at the moment he is rumoured to be on £150K+ - for doing absolutely jack (and yes, I am including the time he spends on the pitch supposedly "playing")

If Kear had offered a remotely sensible offer then I am sure that Noble would have got rid of DV in a heartbeat and kept McAvoy. I wouldn't be surprised if Goulding gets picked ahead of DV this year.

Hopefully Maurice has learnt a lesson about players who have no interest in playing rugby.
Typo corrected Matthew.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Carney will deffinatly NOT be coming back to Wigan this season under any circumstance because Gold Coast still have his registration and he told them to keep it so he can not play for another club:
"Carney has requested the Titans hold back his release so that he will be unable to play for any other club."

"I have told the Titans to hold back a contractual release to ensure that media speculation is not about me doing this to go back to Great Britain to play rugby league or rugby union."
BBC Sport
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

right cross posted:
if he does he will be another on a free meal ticket ,i remember everytime he took the ball in ,9 times out of 10 when he got up from the tackle he was injured or something ,never really 100% on him at wigan .think he was brilliant in aus,wonder why he jacked in? does anyone know . surley they weren't to rough ,not on wing.
For any Brit to earn the respect of the Aussies and win any award is not somthing that happens to often,so he must have done well over their.