vaealiki

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jinkin jimmy

Re: vaealiki

Post by jinkin jimmy »

If he does return to the Eels I will be a bit sick TBH. Could we have been well conned here? DV gets a career threatening injury. Whilst he is recuperating over a 2 year period his club gets rid and frees up some cash in the process. Meanwhile, we pay him top whack and endure poor performances during this period. He starts to show glimpses that he is recovered and immediately the talk is of him returning to the Eels. He could go back there, fully fit, financially comfortable and with a few good years left in him (is he about 26ish?). All hypothetical, I know, but have we been done here?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Jimmy you suggesting we offer a new contact IF Vaealkikikikikiki shows good form through the season so we can eventually benefit from him over a longer period??

That sounds ok but I'd offer him a contract with slightly less money in 2008.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Agreed - if DV has a good season then we should offer him a one year extension for a little bit more than para are willing to offer (which should be a big drop in salary) - provided that he and his agent don't do "an Ashton"
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

jinkin jimmy posted:
If he does return to the Eels I will be a bit sick TBH. Could we have been well conned here? DV gets a career threatening injury. Whilst he is recuperating over a 2 year period his club gets rid and frees up some cash in the process. Meanwhile, we pay him top whack and endure poor performances during this period. He starts to show glimpses that he is recovered and immediately the talk is of him returning to the Eels. He could go back there, fully fit, financially comfortable and with a few good years left in him (is he about 26ish?). All hypothetical, I know, but have we been done here?
Whether we've been done or not, I think we should get rid. Otherwise, what's to stop him 'doing' us all over again?

I reckon we can make much better use of that salary than spending it on him. We could sign up a couple of our younger, more promising players on good contracts, and get in a decent centre and a decent extra prop.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

tbh i think DV and richards will leave freeing up cash for nobby to continue to build his own team
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Yeah i know what you mean, it does sound a bit sus. I can 99.9% guarantee that him leaving Parra had nothing to do with money or recovering from his injury. There is a lot more to it than that. I do also believe that when he left he intended to be coming back at some point depending on a few factors. However, if he does come back to Parra everyone is going to have an opinion on why he left Parra to join Wigan so it may just sound like i'm sticking up for him (as i have been known to do :wink:). I have not spoken to Vaealiki so i can't say that i'm definitely right but i'm just going on what i've heard from quite a few people who tend to know what's going on.

While i do hope he returns to Parra i am still very unsure as to whether it will happen. Things at our club haven't been sorted out the best way in the last couple of years so it could be anyone's guess.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!