Barret on Carney

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
LKC29

Barret on Carney

Post by LKC29 »

I was in the players lounge on friday and barret gave the pre game speech/interview. He was saying that carney was his tour guide around wigan. Theis then progressed onto barret saying that everyone is well aware of Brians movements lately and don't be suprised to see him back playing for the club. I think maybe he dropped a b******k on this one letting it out of the bag
- psycho -

Re: Barret on Carney

Post by - psycho - »

he's been training with the club for weeks now. there's alot needs doing contract wise if richards is to say his goodbyes. it goes alot deeper than us saying "oh we will pay you for carney (gold coast) and you can have shat richards in his place, hows that?". contracts go much more detailed and alot needs negotiating but he will be playing for us.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
LKC29

Post by LKC29 »

Not too sure if it's good news or not I'm not richards biggest fan but if we get rid of him all we have is ashton for kicking, who is totally unproven. Plus we'd get carney and his suspect hamstrings + carney has realistically only got one more season in him
Mother Feka

Post by Mother Feka »

lol B******s.
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

i agree but if ashton is a kicker i would definitly let him have a go, if he misses so what cos richards does, as for carney i agree he has hamstring problems, look at the last couple of seasons with us, but at least he give his all.
Bendy Hendy

Post by Bendy Hendy »

Carney is a good motivator, and has lots of experience. On the Great Britain video, is was Carney who was doing all the talkin in the dressing room, and encouraging the lads. Just what we need if you ask me. And the fact that he was outstanding in the NRL last year. :D
THI CORNT RUN BOUT LEGS

GET AMUNGST UM
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
- psycho - posted:
he's been training with the club for weeks now.

How do you know this? :doz:
seen him with lockers training. so has the one that told me he is going to be playing for us soon.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Mother Feka posted:
lol B******s.
Can we try and get the language a bit more family-friendly please, I'm getting a bit bored of having to edit the swearing this weekend.

Thanks,
Fraggle
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Mother Feka

Post by Mother Feka »

sorry

botica

Post by botica »

Brian IS COMING BACK. GET USED TO IT... Ok he had a poor last few months with us, but when he is good he is very good. He has been injury free last season and perhaps his injurys have had a chance to heal whilst down under. Maybe he is better at managing his problems now. We are not doing very well now are we can't see what harm Carney coming back would do. The contract thing, well lets leave that to the men that know what to do and not worry. I am sure given his problems and age Wigan won't do anything stupid... Good point regarding the GB DVD, Carney was the motivator in the changing room, Lockers god love him doesn't seem to have the authority figure status that his Bro in-law had and we are missing something. Carney is coming back, give him a chance and welcome him, like we used to. Almost a done deal from what i have heard. But is does pose a little problem, with Barrett and Carney on the pitch my beating heart will be over wrought, Ah well what a problem to have!! :D
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010