Barret on Carney

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
100% Warrior

Re: Barret on Carney

Post by 100% Warrior »

Even though Richards has not been able to reproduce the form he displayed at Wests I don't think that replacing him with Carney is the solution.

They're totally different types of winger anyway, Carney is a winger who will come inside looking for work and making quick metres, much like Dallas.

Richards seems to be the type who needs a good partnership with his centre. If we can get a decent centre in at the club we'll probably see the best of Richards.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

OK then how about DV goes so as to release the money. Withers to centre and then BC in so that we have 3 wingers pushing for 2 places! Spare cash released from the sale of DV can go towards another Prop :)
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

If Carney does come back I may wear a 2005 shirt I bought my sister at the end of the season with 'CARNEY 5' on the back, get my moneys worth out of it.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
CherryandWhiteandProud

Post by CherryandWhiteandProud »

I wouldn't mind last years best NRL winger at wigan.

MAKE WAY FOR HIS ROYAL CARNEYNUSS!
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

All this talk about changing a wing man is a load of toss. Anybody who was there on friday saw our team out musceled by a poor HKR Pack. We need another big and strong prop .Prescot and Ocarrol are good but not yet ready. If we got Ccarney on the wing he would never see the ball our pack don't create enough space to get the ball out wide. Anyway I heard we ar in negotiations to bring a prop to Wigan someone who is currently out of favour at Leeds
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Do you really think we were out muscled in the pack?
KR never looked like breaking the line, apart from when we gave them possesion by playing dumb football.
I'm not saying we were the better team, but when they were in their own half and attacking, they just looked average.
Dropped balls, knock ons from us and a very good kicking game from KR are what cost us the game in the 1st half
:(
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Can Carney play in the front row? :eh:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

jimofwigan posted:
All this talk about changing a wing man is a load of toss. Anybody who was there on friday saw our team out musceled by a poor HKR Pack. We need another big and strong prop .Prescot and Ocarrol are good but not yet ready. If we got Ccarney on the wing he would never see the ball our pack don't create enough space to get the ball out wide. Anyway I heard we ar in negotiations to bring a prop to Wigan someone who is currently out of favour at Leeds
Sorry but HKR never out musceled us at all. Even the first half. Their pack never made yards to hurt us. The problems were ivdividual errors and they got punished.

Aahton, Richards and Calderwood made errors which resulted in tries. 1 of there tries also came from a bomb and ended in a try in the other corner. HKR never did us upfront.

We outmusceled them in the 2nd half as we controlled the entire half and they never threatened to score. There kicking game was better in the 1st half and any mistake we made then was punished with a great kick.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

This may happen and Carney returns to the club Im not calling Richards when he first signed i thought he would do a job for us , but at the moment with the prop situation and the need for some go forward I think I would have Carney back, if you asked me the question at the start of the last season or this I would of stuck with Pat but now Carney may help us . :blush:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

lucky 13 posted:
This may happen and Carney returns to the club Im not calling Richards when he first signed i thought he would do a job for us , but at the moment with the prop situation and the need for some go forward I think I would have Carney back, if you asked me the question at the start of the last season or this I would of stuck with Pat but now Carney may help us . :blush:
The problem with that is; we are taking a gamble on taking a player back because the guy he replaces is so bad (at the moment) - not because he is fantastic signing
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------