briscoe?????

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shawcross da warrior

Re: briscoe?????

Post by shawcross da warrior »

ill let you all off then..... :lol:
num lock

Post by num lock »

I don't think it will happen,but if I had the choice I would pick Briscoe before Ashton every time.
turf

Post by turf »

I didn't think we were THAT desperate for a full back. Briscoe in for Ashton - please!!!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

num lock posted:
I don't think it will happen,but if I had the choice I would pick Briscoe before Ashton every time.
Michael Withers is a far better full back than Sean Briscoe, plus he can score tries.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

According to teletext Sean Gleeson's loan spell at Huddersfield is up and he's back at the club. Can't he play fullback also? :doz:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

According to teletext Sean Gleeson's loan spell at Huddersfield is up and he's back at the club. Can't he play fullback also? :doz:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

butt monkey posted:
not if you watched the Gb accadamy vs australia(cheers cpwigan) :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
num lock

Post by num lock »

[quote]turf posted:
I didn't think we were THAT desperate for a full back. Briscoe in for Ashton - please!!!!
[
Definately,Briscoe is better than Ashton at fullback fullstop.He is braver than Ashton,better positionaly,and better in support of the play.The only area Ashton is superior is speed.
I am not having a pop at Ashton,but I think he has been reading,and beleiving,his own publicity.
He has great POTENTIAL but at the moment that is all it is.
For him to really be the next Radlinski,he has to take one or two things OUT of his game,as Brian Noble said after leaving him out last week.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

num lock posted:
turf posted:
[
Definately,Briscoe is better than Ashton at fullback fullstop.He is braver than Ashton,better positionaly,and better in support of the play.The only area Ashton is superior is speed.
I agree. Under different circumstances, ie not having to try and dislodge Rads from the number 1 shirt, I'm fairly sure Briscoe would have been long-established as our first choice fullback by now, and remember he's still only young himself.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

nitsua posted:
turf posted:
At the present time Briscoe is most definitely a better fullback than Ashton. Positionally he is far better than Ashton and certainly he is a much better tackler. Time and time again he puts his body on the line, no so Ashton. He is every bit as good a attacking fullback as Ashton and has proved it at Hull.

If Ashton could control his immature ego, he could develop into a fine fullback and rival Wellens for the GB fullback position.
At present i agree with you but Sean has the same problem as Wellens they are both very brave players and have a great positional sense but they lack speed. Ashton and Calderwood are the only really quick players in our backline. In losing him we are losing a dimension of our attack.