lyndsay... time to go

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: lyndsay... time to go

Post by DaveO »

FROM A TO B posted:
Can't this be moved to the rumour mill where it belongs?
Done.

Dave
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

I find this really hard to belive but we will definatly have points deducted.....

:(
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Well if the original post is correct then we might as well not turn up. Give that the poster has only 30+posts might seem major trolling for me.

He or She (must not offend) might be right so with only 4 games gone were 4 points from the top and 2 from relegation we might be able to ask SL if we can go to NL1 now so we can start fresh.

If we go down and the Latics go down will the sign just as you get off the M^ say

Wigan Home of Second class football and Rugby.

Even if we get points deduction of 4-6 points whats to say that others will not get deductions as well. So Giant give up now then have oyu so youll not be at the JJB anytime soon.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

jollygiant3107 posted:
just been told that there is all kinds of big problems at the club,and that the club cant find a resolution,been told to expect wigan to be in league 1 next year.this is not a joke,surely time for lyndsay to go. :angry:
All kinds of big problems?

Like DV's pay cheque!?

Last year the club made a profit.

DW owns sports giant JJB - there has been no sign from the business sections that it is about to go under.

The ground (as far as I am aware) is not on a major seismic fault or volcano.

We apparently do not pay into the alleged off shore trusts funds that other clubs are supposed to use.

If we are over the cap then that won't come out until much later in the year when the accounts are audited by the RFL (like last year) and who knows where we will be in the league then.

I am presuming that this "big secret" is going over the cap again. Well if true then it is the worst kept secret in RL - as the world and its dog has being saying this since we signed Fielden last year - despite the RFL looking at our books and giving it the OK.

Surely if there were any evidence of this the RFL would be publicly investigating us now?

If you are not going to tell us what it is - is there really any point in coming on here and saying that you have the inside track on all the gossip? You gain nothing from other users - who largely treat you with scorn and disbelief and if your source is exposed they are likely to lose their job - as I am guessing that only the directors and senior management would be aware of any top secret impending disaster facing the club? Unless all of the employees at the JJB get together and do the accounts?

At the end of your post you say "Lyndsay to go" - until any such thing is made public he has no reason to go. If there were about to be some revelation about the club being in dire trouble - surely he would keep his head down and not talk to the press? By saying this you make your claims even less credible.

I don't doubt that there are various problems behind the scene - however until I see an official announcement I will be skeptical to say the least
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

jollygiant3107 posted:
just got told that wigan are in it a the deep end,just said that they were in dire straights in every way possible.
Do any of our other posters who normally have insights into the club know what this guy is talking about?

With prophesies of doom like this, you'd think there'd be one or two rumours flying around.
jollygiant3107

Post by jollygiant3107 »

i am simply telling you what i have been told,no need to slate me,the club is panicking because the players do not want to put the hours in,apparantly there is a lot of anomosity between them,the board are worrying because they know its not a 4-6 point reduction but 12,this is what i have been told off a good friend who is in the know,so with a team that are not doing their job and with 12 points taken off us were do you think wigan will end up.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

All sounds like St Helens propaganda to me, a not too great start to the season and the wheels come off at the JJB..... Wigan club has been though enough not to wobble at the sight of a points deduction.

So what if Wigan get deducted points, so what if Wigan get relegated. Wigan will still have a big fan base and they have good financial backing, there are clubs out there with much bigger problems than Wigan.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I agree with what you are saying to some extent, but there are far wider reaching implications than just getting relegated. We couldn't just buy ourselves back into the top flight as we did in the '80's we would lose a large number of our talented players and would have to make do with a much smaller squad. SuperLeague is currently made up of 60% of players from the Wigan and Leigh area, our academy setup would go to the dogs. If this is true we should be asking what/who has put us in this situation and what us as fans can do about it. The only way to get Maurice out is if he rsigns which is unlikely or if Whelan sacks him, which is equally unlikely. Whichever way we look at it, this season is going to be a very worrying one for us all. No one could withstand a 12 point deduction and not get relegated apart from maybe the top 2 or 3 teams, which is why the players need to get a grip and realise what faces them and how much it means to us lot that pay their wages. If we can get a good run we may be able to avoind relegation, just.

Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I shouldn’t give this topic the time of day but I have.

Simple no problems at the JJB other than the normal one’s that are the day to day running of a club. (Official)

And for you people who could read into that statement a different way, please don’t it’s simply not worth it!

End of this silly topic for me.

adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

If Wigan got relegated then the sensible thing to try and keep some of the good players and then send the rest on season long loans to Super League clubs, fill the other positions in the squad with NL1 players or academy players and then if Wigan get promoted they get to keep those top players.

The academy system would not be effected other than some players being called up into the first team.