News of the World

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jinkin jimmy

News of the World

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Don't string me up if this is nothing but I believe they are running some sort of story on Stains tomorrow. I don't know much more other than a current Stains player has been making big efforts to contact his former coach, now in Aus and the newspaper is trying to contact an ex Stains board member.

It could be nothing, but you never know... :doz:
Cruncher

Re: News of the World

Post by Cruncher »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Don't string me up if this is nothing but I believe they are running some sort of story on Stains tomorrow. I don't know much more other than a current Stains player has been making big efforts to contact his former coach, now in Aus and the newspaper is trying to contact an ex Stains board member.

I know this is only a rumour you've heard, and you freely admit to not knowing much, but from what you've given us here I don't see how it could translate into a news story. Is there a teensy bit more maybe?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

It is News of the World... not The Times so not worth bothering about.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

jinkin jimmy posted:

I,ve been told today that one of the saints board is going to resign.Dont know how true it is or if it is anything to do with what you posted about the news of the world. :doz:
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

gillysmyhero posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:

I,ve been told today that one of the saints board is going to resign.Dont know how true it is or if it is anything to do with what you posted about the news of the world. :doz:
This may be nothing, of course. But it would be very nice if it was 'something' ... with the Good Friday game so close.
botica

Post by botica »

Well what was it????
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I heard the rumours of discord at Stains from Australia but no mention was made re a resignation.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

It's rumoured on one of the Saints boards that McGuire is shortly due to retire and that McManus might go at the end of the season.

I don't know what this means, if anything. I'd have thought it would be greeted as fairly major news. But nobody on there seems especially bothered by it.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Cruncher posted:
and that McManus might go at the end of the season.
I hope he takes his trousers with him this time :lol: I wonder if Salford will be happy to see the back(side) of him... :o
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]