Montpellier----EAT HERE

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
ian.birchall

Montpellier----EAT HERE

Post by ian.birchall »

Il y a dix ans, thats enough français oups, 10 years ago youngest son and I went to watch the test match against the French at Agen and for reasons that are too long to explain (Daily Telegraph and free tickets on SNCF) spent several days in Bordeaux. There we discovered le restaurant

L'Entreçote

Now that Madame ian.birchall and I spent our springs in Arcachon I make it a point to go upto Bordeaux every two weeks or so for lunch or dinner at this restaurant and last week I read the locations around La belle France, they only have 5 altogether but I read that there is one at

L'Entreçote
3 rue Verdun
Montpellier

telephone 04 67 58 42 56

There is no menu at this restaurant so that makes it simple, the only starter is a walnut green salad and the only main course is entrecote steak, the only decision the discerning diner has to make is the choice between well done-- BIEN CUIT, medium MOYEN or rare à SAIGNANT.
Remember that you are in France, medium means dripping with blood, rare means raw with just the outside lightly singed!!
The waitress brings you your plate filled with le steack and a mountain of frites a l'allumettes, like matchsticks, then whilst you are sat there stunned at the amount of food on your plate she returns to dump on your table a silver salver with the rest of your 14oz of steak swimming in the restaurants famous buttery/oily sauce.
You are bravely working your way through this magnificent feast when the waitress passing your table notices that she can now see you appearing from behind your pile of frites so she immediately returns with her basket of fresh hot chips and refills your plate until you cry enough Enough, {Ca suffit!!)
The price of this extraordinary feast is only 16 euro. If you are a real martyr you can then review the pudding menu and opt for the mountain of profiteroles covered in deep chocolate and filled with ice cream.
Be warned however that this is the only french restaurant where I have literally seen the locals queuing down the street to get in, if you miss the opening there is no point in trying to get a table until an hour or 2 hours later when the sated diners leave to be replaced by the next wave.
You honestly cannot get better food at an absurdly low, for France, price as evidenced by the way the locals treat the place; regardez www.entrecote.fr sur l'internet.

Grateful recipients of this advice can leave an envelope with a five pound donation on seat M93 at the home match v Wakefield in July which will be my first match after our return, remember when speaking le franglais NEVER pronounce the last letter of any word and you will be right 90% of the time
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
waterside glens

Re: Montpellier----EAT HERE

Post by waterside glens »

why is water dripping from my mouth, sounds good .Now how do you say "if there's any blood run from my steak you die" :D
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Might take you up on that. Nice bit of dripping butchered horse for me on the friday night.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
pete&kaz

Post by pete&kaz »

Thanks for the advice Ian. Was going to go yesterday but as you say they were queueing way down the street. Went back today and got a table no problem and it was well worth it. Thanks again.
pete&kaz

Post by pete&kaz »

By the way. We went back on Monday before we came home mmmmmm