Montpellier Info

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
josie andrews

Montpellier Info

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors fans travelling to Montpellier are advised that the nearest tramstop is "Les Sabines".

The stop is approximately 1km from Stade Yves du Manoir and is served by free transfer buses. After the game trams will run every 15 minutes until midnight.

Montpellier is the capital of Languedoc Roussillon Region. It has its own airport and is a 1 hour drive from Perpignan, Nimes, Beziers or Carcassonne airports. Montpellier is 4 times bigger than Perpignan and it is the city with the most days of sun in the whole of France, located just a short 10 minute drive from stunning beaches.

It is a very dynamic city, the fastest growing in France, and one that is well-known for its student night life as the city is home to a medical school, business school and the university which is one of the oldest in the world.

Montpellier Tourism office is available by [clicking here].

Stadium Yves du Manoir is a state of the heart stadium that was inaugurated for the 2007 Rugby World Cup and cost over 60 millions Euros.

There will be plenty of parties and fun over the week-end for supporters: Friday night party in city centre with screens showing the St Helens versus Leeds game; the RFL fan village will be set up in front of the stadium, a curtain raiser match between Ince Rose Bridge and Ambition Dragons, and a post game party at the stadium

Catalans Dragons General Manager Christophe Levy said:

"I will rank Montpellier in the top 2 of all the on the road games we have organized over the last 6 years. It is definitely a fantastic city for a week-end break, with bars, shopping, beaches and now Super League to enjoy! Montpellier Stadium is one of the best stadiums I have seen in France.

I really hope the Wigan fans will come in big numbers just like Warrington did in Barcelona two years ago ".

The kick off for the game is 6pm CET, 5pm BST.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan