Planning for the Catalan Away Game

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
Wigman01

Planning for the Catalan Away Game

Post by Wigman01 »

Hi, Any advice on the method of travel for example fly to Barcelona or Perpignan?
We are 4 guys who want to pay the least amount.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Wigman01
Nezza Faz

Re: Planning for the Catalan Away Game

Post by Nezza Faz »

W01, as posted on another thread, you probably need to wait for confirmation on the venue/location before booking your flights.

There are rumours it may be Montpellier again, but it could be anywhere, as they do play 2/3 games "on the road" e.g. Barcelona, Carcassonne have been used in recent seasons.
kick it int duggie again

Post by kick it int duggie again »

two years ago we drove down, easy peasy, a bit like driving to Workington
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

kick it int duggie again wrote:two years ago we drove down, easy peasy, a bit like driving to Workington
How long did it take you?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

If in Montpellier (:wink:) again fly Liverpool > Nimes on ryanair... 20 minute train journey to Monty very easy and cheap. Cost is more flying direct to Monty
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Agree with A & L - we made the same trip last year (only hired car from Nimes Airport instead) and was dead easy - only 15 to 20 mins on the Autoroute. Was also cheaper than flying direct to MontP.

Montpellier is bigger than Perpignan so there's more to do and see if making a weekend, or holiday out of it. Also, its a modern stadium (was built for last ru world cup) and is just a tram ride out of the city centre.

But does anyone know if Montpellier has been confirmed yet, I've not seen anything in the press, or net ?
Fredor

Post by Fredor »

we got the mayfair info yesterday, they are 99.9% sure it be in Mont Pellier as its confirmed on the Catalan site but their trip is Calella anyhow so that wont be changing just knock £20 off the price if no longer Mont Pellier, been looking for flights to do ourself but knowing my luck it will get moved after i've booked them!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I am thinking of a tobacco shopping trip to Calella for a week and joining the coach trip to wherever. Reckon a week in Calella will equate to a weekend in 'wherever' pricewise and the saving on 3 kilos of Amber Leaf means I get to see the match for nothing!
**BetrL8ThnNvr**

Post by **BetrL8ThnNvr** »

Just checked flight prices - 07/06 to 11/06.

Cheapest Manchester to MontP £298 Air France
Cheapest Liverpoo to Nimes £296 Ryan Air.

Anyone got cheaper deals?

Also. Where's best to stay in MontP, if thats where most fans go? (Have to excuse my ignorance, my first trip there & my first year watchin the beautiful game!)... :cool:
pete&kaz

Post by pete&kaz »

try flying from Birmingham direct to Montpellier. we did it last year and it worked well