Planning for the Catalan Away Game

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
jackbit

Re: Planning for the Catalan Away Game

Post by jackbit »

We booked a week before the game was confirmed in Montpellier and got a flight for £66 return Liverpool - Nimes, Fri - Wed.
The same flight when i last checked was over £200.
**BetrL8ThnNvr**

Post by **BetrL8ThnNvr** »

Just booked Air France, Manchester to Toulouse. Travelling Thursday, return Monday £161, not stupid times for travelling either. Pretty good deal.
First had a look at jet2.com Leeds/Bradford to Nice, started off at £126 return, cheap I thought, until extras were added (including paying extra £5 each way for a bloody seat!!) soon racked up to £182. Yeah right..
So Air France not too bad I suppose (and includes a meal on flight)
Then it's either hire car or train from Toulouse to Montpellier, not sure yet.
Anyway, just thought I'd let you know about the flight and cost I paid... :D
jackbit

Post by jackbit »

**BetrL8ThnNvr*​*​ wrote:Just booked Air France, Manchester to Toulouse. Travelling Thursday, return Monday £161, not stupid times for travelling either. Pretty good deal.
First had a look at jet2.com Leeds/Bradford to Nice, started off at £126 return, cheap I thought, until extras were added (including paying extra £5 each way for a bloody seat!!) soon racked up to £182. Yeah right..
So Air France not too bad I suppose (and includes a meal on flight)
Then it's either hire car or train from Toulouse to Montpellier, not sure yet.
Anyway, just thought I'd let you know about the flight and cost I paid... :D
Leeds/Bradford to Montpellier Thurs - Mon is &142 plus £12 admin fee.
Toulouse to Montpellier is a fair way to travel.
**BetrL8ThnNvr**

£142 - that's me told!
First time out there and chatting about it at DW yesterday (Catalans game, glad that tricky fixture went well) with someone whose been before, was told Perpignon might be better place to stay, then travel to/from Montpellier just for the game. Reception for fans in Perignon apparently pretty good.
Any comments?
jackbit

Post by jackbit »

**BetrL8ThnNvr*​*​ wrote:£142 - that's me told!
First time out there and chatting about it at DW yesterday (Catalans game, glad that tricky fixture went well) with someone whose been before, was told Perpignon might be better place to stay, then travel to/from Montpellier just for the game. Reception for fans in Perignon apparently pretty good.
Any comments?
It has gone up to £169 plus £12 admin fee now. (Thurs - Mon)with Ryanair from Leeds/Bradford
Montpellier is better than Perpignan, there's more things to do there.
**BetrL8ThnNvr**

Thanks jackbit.
So will those going be staying in Montpellier then? Not from Wigan, and I'm hoping to be in same place as the rest of the fans going over..
jackbit

Post by jackbit »

**BetrL8ThnNvr*​*​ wrote:Thanks jackbit.
So will those going be staying in Montpellier then? Not from Wigan, and I'm hoping to be in same place as the rest of the fans going over..
There will be a lot staying in Montpellier and quite a few on the Official packages staying in Spain.
You will be better off staying in Montpellier than Perpignan as i don't think there will be any Wiganers in Perpignan.
Montpellier has a good train service as well.You could go to Nimes, Sete, Avignon etc if you fancied a day out, or get on a bus to La Grande Motte which is a popular beach resort.
We are doing one night in La Grande Motte on the Monday.
Hope this helps.
kick it int duggie again

Post by kick it int duggie again »

Fujiman wrote:
kick it int duggie again wrote:two years ago we drove down, easy peasy, a bit like driving to Workington
How long did it take you?
sorry for not replying, it took us two days there and two days back, with two nights in perpignan, that was mainly because I was the driver and there is a limit as to how far you can drive in one day, all in all a good trip.
**BetrL8ThnNvr**

Thanks for the info jackbit. Montpellier it is then. Seems like I'll be missing out on La Grand Motte, Monday night - travelling back Monday :(

Just been on RyanAir site, Leeds/Bradford to Montpellier is indeed £169 + £12 admin fee. Looking at optional fees there's also £70 for a 20kg bag (June being high season) or £50 for 15kg bag. Reserved seating, if needed, another £20.
jackbit

Post by jackbit »

**BetrL8ThnNvr*​*​ wrote:Thanks for the info jackbit. Montpellier it is then. Seems like I'll be missing out on La Grand Motte, Monday night - travelling back Monday :(

Just been on RyanAir site, Leeds/Bradford to Montpellier is indeed £169 + £12 admin fee. Looking at optional fees there's also £70 for a 20kg bag (June being high season) or £50 for 15kg bag. Reserved seating, if needed, another £20.
No need to pay extra for bags. Just put your stuff in a holdall and carry it on with you.
You will only need shorts and t shirts as weather should be hot.
We dont bother with priority boarding as there's always loads of room left on the plane.