Cats away

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
joeb

Cats away

Post by joeb »

Thinking of going next month but not sure what time kick off is sure I read sometime ago that they was kicking off at 3 anybody know thanks
josie andrews

Re: Cats away

Post by josie andrews »

6pm their time
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
joeb

Post by joeb »

Thanks ,so should be no probs flying sat morn then
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Frazzlerock

Post by Frazzlerock »

I am trying to organise my own trip away, struggling to get flights from Manchester to Perpignan direct.. thinking Man to Girona then either the frog bus from there over to the game or renting a car.

Struggling also to find cheap accomodation in that area or the perpignan area near the stadium. dont know wheres best :(
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Frazzlerock wrote:I am trying to organise my own trip away, struggling to get flights from Manchester to Perpignan direct.. thinking Man to Girona then either the frog bus from there over to the game or renting a car.

Struggling also to find cheap accomodation in that area or the perpignan area near the stadium. dont know wheres best :(
Also thinking along your lines - mustn't be too expensive as it's Wembley on the Saturday after.

Friend mentioned B'ham now the best airport for Perpignan in terms of price/flights but he said Girona more expensive, especially if you want to car hire.

The Club excursions are really expensive (like a family holiday) but another option could be the TGV thru' France direct to Perpignan.

Check out all the 'Net sites for accommodation, there are cheap alternatives both around the town and on the coast. :eusa9:
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Sorry the "cautionary logo" supposed to be after the Wembley remark.

Nerves getting to me already !
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

If you go to Girona it's only a 30 minute train ride away, worth it (plus taxi/bus from airport to train station)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
JoJoMac

Post by JoJoMac »

Hi - newbie to the forum here!
Can anyone help me out with answers to these 2 questions please?

1. Is there any chance that the Wigan-Catalan match on 17Aug would be cancelled or postponed if Wigan are going to Wembley the week after? Worried about paying for flights then there being no match...

2. Looking to fly from Leeds Bradford or Manchester and there is nothing direct to Perpignan. Has anyone flown to Beziers? Looks like it's about 90km / 1hr drive away. Would this be a good alternative to Gerona?

Thanks in advance
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

1. No chance, Catalans and Wembley are still going to happen. If anything, Wigan may rest players, to disappointment from the travelling hoardes.

2. Beziers, if you're minted hire a car or check the train timetables, it's easier than you think. Catalan Sports Tours is worth a try but they'll only pick up from an airport if there are enough people. Trains are your best bet though. I got from Barcelona on a mountain train in 2 hours, nice scenery
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame