Parking near to Old Trafford

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
tonyjoe

Parking near to Old Trafford

Post by tonyjoe »

Hi not been on here for a while....Was just wondering if anyone knew of a good place to park, near to old Trafford ?
Normally travel by coach, but taking mys son, and decided to drive....
Cheers Tony.[/url]
cpwigan

Re: Parking near to Old Trafford

Post by cpwigan »

Park on the Lowry Centre, have a quick bite to eat get your ticket stamped X hours free depending on where you go. Otherwise pay for secure parking, there are several outfits who do it near the Lowry. Do not take a chance security wise at OT.
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

Cheers for that, how far of a walk from the lowery ?,Iv`e only got little legs....Lol :) Is the parking free at the Lowey ?..Cheers.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not free but if you buy some food or just a coffee IIRC you then get your ticket stamped for 4 or 6 hours free depending on who stamps it. Coffee shops = 4 hours, pizza express etc = 6 hours IIRC. I took the non rugby wife last time so she appreciated a pre match meal / snack as do children. I did too but I did it for her :wink: Not far to walk IMO and you do so knowing your car is safe. :wink: Utd use the Lowry similarly.
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

Cheers I will take your advice....Heres to a great day, a great specticle and a great win.... :)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It has cost me £9.27 for parking at Old Trafford on the car park across from the East stand!! :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

We're on Parker's Car Parks on Warwick Road very close to the ground. Not cheap at £14 but it's secure.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

Jut noticed trhat Man City are playing at home today, will this have an effect on the parking at the Lowry ?. They kick off at 12.45, but i was hoping to get to the lowery about 1.30, have mooch about before heading over the fan zone, etc.... :)
Aluaka

Post by Aluaka »

The Etihad is East Manchester - well away from the Lowry so that match won't affect your parking. The Lowry shopping centre and Lowry theatre will increase the number of cars into the car park (note: if you park in the multi storey and the first side entrance is busy you can scoot round to the main car park entrance)

Note though that you'll probably only get 4 hours free parking (with a food purchase or a shop purchase of £5 or over) so you'll probably have to pay something for parking.

An alternative is to drive to Prestwich, park up free and get the tram? The Altrincham tram goes straight to Old Trafford!

One of the benefits of being a Wigan fan living in Prestwich!
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

Chers fa that, it`s certainly an option.....Have a great day !!!! :)