Coach Travel to Cardiff for World Cup Opening Ceremony

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
josie andrews

Coach Travel to Cardiff for World Cup Opening Ceremony

Post by josie andrews »

Mayfair Travel are doing day coaches for this double fixture the cost is £28

Coaches leave Wigan Lane at 8am on Saturday 26th October

Telephone Mayfair on 01942 829988 (daytime)

07711 828343 (evening) fax. 01942 820092

Mayfair Travel, 4 Scarisbrick Street, Wigan WN1 2BS

Email enquiries@mayfairworldtravel.co.uk

http://www.mayfairworldtravel.co.uk/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kaii

Re: Coach Travel to Cardiff for World Cup Opening Ceremony

Post by Kaii »

Was planning on driving but decided to book through there now, plus the bonus of being able to drink and sleep won the day
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

What coach you on? We are on coach 2

We were gonna drive but decided to go with Mayfair :)
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

One seat left on coach 1 that's all, four coaches coming from Wigan. Got a coach from vision travel but sounds like a nightmare, first pick up is from Widnes Bo Selecta stadium then picking us up from stains ground then on to the wire scum ground. :(
Aluaka

Post by Aluaka »

Kaii wrote:One seat left on coach 1 that's all, four coaches coming from Wigan. Got a coach from vision travel but sounds like a nightmare, first pick up is from Widnes Bo Selecta stadium then picking us up from stains ground then on to the wire scum ground. :(
Blimey! I think I'd rather walk! :wink:

I'm driving down - living I Prestwich there's no coach close by to my knowledge - it's going to be a long drive with no further details of the park and ride sites yet!

At least the clocks go back for an extra hour kip!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Aluaka wrote:
Kaii wrote:One seat left on coach 1 that's all, four coaches coming from Wigan. Got a coach from vision travel but sounds like a nightmare, first pick up is from Widnes Bo Selecta stadium then picking us up from stains ground then on to the wire scum ground. :(
Blimey! I think I'd rather walk! :wink:

I'm driving down - living I Prestwich there's no coach close by to my knowledge - it's going to be a long drive with no further details of the park and ride sites yet!

At least the clocks go back for an extra hour kip!
There's a NCP car park close to the stadium if that's any help?
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

So it was a nightmare the coach had a blow out and we arrived at the start of the second half, they are refunding the coach fare but last time i go with stains, wire or widnes fans
Aluaka

Post by Aluaka »

Sorry to hear that Kaii - that's really unfortunate for you.

Although the 8 hours+ driving I did was long and needed much concentration with the wet weather on the way back, everything went smoothly.

Set off at 7.30, parked at the park and ride at the Cardiff City FC ground (really well signposted with illuminated signs) at 12, at the stadium at 12.30. Minor traffic slowdown at Newport when I hit the M4 but not too bad.

Walked back to the Park and Ride after watching all of the second match (there was a pretty long queue and it had just started raining - not a long walk anyway), drove home - no traffic issues all the way back, and home at Prestwich at 11.30pm.

I have to say that all the staff I encountered - at the Park and Ride and the Stadium were extremely friendly and helpful - and all in all it was a long but very enjoyable day out.

I had a good bit of banter with some Warrington fans sat next to me!

Just a shame more than 45,052 didn't get there to support the great sport!