World Club Challenge 2014

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
Kathryn Bennett

Re: World Club Challenge 2014

Post by Kathryn Bennett »

Check out the Mecure Sydney Potts Hotel, very central.
We got accommodation in with flights from Pat at Worldchoice in Wigan. She is good and may get you a good deal.
Kathryn Bennett

Max and Paddy, you said you walked the Harbour Bridge which I would like to do. However, have seen the prices on the website and it looks very expensive. Is it worth it?
thanks
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

I thought the harbour bridge walk was free??
The harbour bridge climb is expesive. $200 up to $300, depending what time of the day.
Max and Paddy

Post by Max and Paddy »

Kathryn - it's a lot more expensive than when I did it in 2001! Funnily enough, a mate of mine is in Sydney at the moment and he said on Facebook a few hours ago: "Just went up the tower by the side of it - about £200 cheaper." He also said the tower was only about 20 metres lower than the top of the bridge.

Is it worth it? Well I won't be paying those prices! It's a really good thing to do, but I'll be asking my mate about the tower thing.

When I went to Australia in 2001, we got $2.80 to the £1; in 2006, we got $2.20 to the £1. So it's going to be a bit of a shock to get around $1.75 this time. But so what? There's no point penny-pinching on a trip like this.
Kathryn Bennett

Thanks, that's good to know
You are right about penny pinching, otherwise there is no point going.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Kathryn Bennett wrote:Thanks, that's good to know
You are right about penny pinching, otherwise there is no point going.
Penny pinching...I remember my mother and my auntie going to spain when it was pesetas. When she came home she said we went to this cafe every day and the coffee was 28pesetas. but the day before we came home we found this cafe were it was only 26. now that was penny pinching moaning about 2 pesetas :D :D :D
PerthRed

Post by PerthRed »

I am returning to Perth WA in a few days after a spell back home in the UK to follow the World Cup.I have tried to get 1 No ticket for the WCC to support Wigan in Sydney in February but I am not a Wigan season ticket holder so I can not access the ticketet web site. I do understand that the season ticket holders should have first options but there is no other way I could achieve getting a ticket and to fly for 4 hours Perth to Sydney without a ticket

Please could anyone help.
Kathryn Bennett

Try ringing the Wigan Club admin office. There are many people in same boat who need to know they have got a ticket before travelling. The tickets do go on general sale, but only about a fortnight before game which is too late.
01942 762873
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Looks like you need a members password to purchase tickets. Do any members have this password - I'd really like to know I have tickets before I book my flights.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐