Transport from Blackpool

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
Lancs_lad

Transport from Blackpool

Post by Lancs_lad »

Hi,
I just wondered if there are any supporters from the Blackpool area who regularly travel to home games. I’d like to start going to home matches but after checking train & coach travel, night matches would be awkward because of the last train times from Wigan back to Blackpool via Preston. If anyone travels regularly & would be interested in sharing travel costs or just travelling down together can you please give me a “shout”. I'd also be interested If anyone knows of a dedicated coach from Blackpool, I do drive but like to be sociable & have a drink which makes driving a less favourable option. I’d also appreciate feedback from anyone who has any more info about train times but after studying the time tables I don’t seem to be able to get a last train back without having to rush off near the end, or at the end of the night games. If you prefer to emailme my email address is on the profiles section.
Cheers M.
josie andrews

Re: Transport from Blackpool

Post by josie andrews »

Made it a sticky for you.

Good luck :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

i sometimes get to marton mere haven site, if i am down this year and we are at home i will give you a shout. Paul
Lancs_lad

Post by Lancs_lad »

Cheers mate, that'd be good
What part of Cumbria are you in? I've got a van in Lorton near Cockermouth. Do you ever watch any RL up there, Workington, Whitehaven?
Thanks
Martin
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Martin there is a small group of Blackpool lads / gents that go to RL games (usually big event fixtures) incl some Wigan ones in a mini bus together. I will try to dig out a contact address for the ones I know
Lancs_lad

Post by Lancs_lad »

Thanks for your help. Been looking at accommodation overnight in Wigan, same price as trains/taxi combined but might be a better option. Still puts the cost up though. Minibus would be the best bet.
Cheers
M
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

Lancs_lad wrote:Cheers mate, that'd be good
What part of Cumbria are you in? I've got a van in Lorton near Cockermouth. Do you ever watch any RL up there, Workington, Whitehaven?
Thanks
Martin
i'm from whitehaven, i had a season ticket at wigan for 7 years, but had to give it up as i lost my job in 2012, but now i'm working again, and sometimes work fridays,i watched haven for years home and away , but got some shit of supporters and one of their dickhead players for supporting wigan, which i have done for about 30 years so i don't go now.