Magic

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
sc74

Re: Magic

Post by sc74 »

To be fair, I took it that way too, WW.
Have a great time and stay clear of Yorkshiremen where possible ;)
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Roll call, who's going today?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

sc74 wrote:To be fair, I took it that way too, WW.
Had a great day sc74, visited one or two watering holes and even had a good chat in The Irish Club with a Castleford supporter about the good old days, a great result led by that terrible Coach called Wane and came home hoase after all the rendition's of 'Cherry & White, Wigan Road' etc.

Came home at 1.30 am knackered, but I supposed it could been worse by going to a concert of a 'has been' who as far as I am concerned with my taste in music was a 'never was'

p.s. the only downside, the day spoiled by a couple or so fights in the Stadium involving a few rival 'k***heads' from Hull and surprisingly from Huddersfield who can't handle their ale!

Hope you had the same in Turkey.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
sc74 wrote:To be fair, I took it that way too, WW.
Had a great day sc74, visited one or two watering holes and even had a good chat in The Irish Club with a Castleford supporter about the good old days, a great result led by that terrible Coach called Wane and came home hoase after all the rendition's of 'Cherry & White, Wigan Road' etc.

Came home at 1.30 am knackered, but I supposed it could been worse by going to a concert of a 'has been' who as far as I am concerned with my taste in music was a 'never was'

p.s. the only downside, the day spoiled by a couple or so fights in the Stadium involving a few rival 'k***heads' from Hull and surprisingly from Huddersfield who can't handle their ale!

Hope you had the same in Turkey.
Goodo!

Typical Yorkshiremen. Lived in Leeds for nearly 4 years and there's little else they like as much as drinking, fightning and telling you they're Yorkshire!

Had the pleasure of enjoying all 3 games, and the good wife was gracious enough to knock together the IKEA Billy that we ordered online as I watched Leeds get turned over again.
Life can't be too bad when IKEA deliver to our front door in Turkey.

Great to see that smug grin wiped off BM's face and fair play to SW. Consistency please now.
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

We got back at about 1.10 am shattered but having enjoyed the day quite a few Leeds fans lurking were we were sat but they moved off and it was generally good natured the banter i did see the police going into the corner stand was it otherwise it was a great day.

Walking back to the coach met a few Leeds fans who were gracious in defeat saying how well Wigan had played it just added to the day really,when in my callow youth i used to travel round following Everton and try to have a bit of banter with opposistion fans back in the 1980's and you'd have gotten a bottle in your face,so yea it was great fun.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

gruffy wrote:We got back at about 1.10 am shattered but having enjoyed the day quite a few Leeds fans lurking were we were sat but they moved off and it was generally good natured the banter i did see the police going into the corner stand was it otherwise it was a great day.

Walking back to the coach met a few Leeds fans who were gracious in defeat saying how well Wigan had played it just added to the day really,when in my callow youth i used to travel round following Everton and try to have a bit of banter with opposistion fans back in the 1980's and you'd have gotten a bottle in your face,so yea it was great fun.
You always get one, but with it being Newcastle and its reputation for drinking, we got two or three this year!
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

We set of at 930am Saturday morning and got to the ground about 1230.

We went up to the hospitality suite and had lunch at 1pm courtesy of the RFL.

We watched the Salford/Widnes game and then met my lad and his mates in the town and had a beer and chatted with the locals.

Got back and watched the Hull derby and then the big one.

Great game and sat in fromt of IFLs family (IFL wasnt at Magic this year not sure why -probably tapping up Shaun Edwards)

Drove home after the game and made it back at 1145pm.

I thought it was the best Magic and the stadium size was ideal for the event.

The locals were very friendly.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?