Cardiff Weekend

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
ste lord

Cardiff Weekend

Post by ste lord »

Is any one interested

I have just been told by the warriors ticket office that we are down for a 1900 kick off,

with the other times due to be 1500 and 1700,

The passes go on sale later in the week

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

ancientnloyal

Re: Cardiff Weekend

Post by ancientnloyal »

Those are stupid times! That leaves hardly any time for teams to warm up pre-match etc...

times would be better being 12:00 14:30 and 17:00

Im going, travelling down in car on the day. Leave home at 9ish if we play at 7pm, no point watching the low-key first match IMO. I will get home about 2-3am... ah well. anything for Wigan
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

good point

we have booked a hotel for the two nights,

spend all saturday watching rugby then have the sunday on the pop :)

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Rugby League keys into Millennium Magic!

A full round of engage Super League XII fixtures will be played at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium over the weekend of 5-6 May 2007.

The ‘Millennium Magic’ weekend takes Rugby League back to the magnificent Welsh stadium for the first time since the 2005 Powergen Challenge Cup Final.

Three games will be played on Saturday, May 5 and three more the following day, Sunday, May 6. The precise order of games will be confirmed at a later date.

The return of Rugby League to the Millennium Stadium has been made possible because of a partnership between the RFL and ‘Visit Wales’ and Cardiff Council, both of whom have welcomed the sport back to the Welsh capital.

Besides the Rugby League action, fans will also be able to see a top-class entertainment package plus a full programme of other events for supporters attending the weekend away from the stadium.

The decision to host this exciting new engage Super League event at the Millennium Stadium follows positive feedback on the venue from Rugby League fans. They particularly enjoy the proximity of Cardiff City Centre with easy access to hotels, restaurants and other facilities.

Richard Lewis, the RFL’s Executive Chairman, said: “We want to build on both the Rugby League supporters’ liking for the Millennium Stadium and the progress Rugby League is making as a sport in Wales.

“Rugby League fans will have the opportunity to see six engage Super League matches over two days as well as enjoying a Bank Holiday weekend away in Wales.

“We staged three Powergen Challenge Cup Finals at the Millennium Stadium between 2003 and 2005 and our fans certainly established an affinity with the stadium, Cardiff and Wales.

“Now we’re set to enjoy an amazing weekend when we put on a mouth-watering full round of engage Super League action in one weekend at a stunning stadium. And that’s amazing news for the sport and its fans.”

Paul Sergeant, Millennium Stadium chief executive said: “Rugby League has always generated a fantastic atmosphere here at the stadium and all over South Wales.

“I know the Rugby League supporters have a high regard for the Millennium Stadium and believe me the feeling is mutual. Their spirit, good humour and energy to enjoy themselves makes the ‘Millennium Magic’ weekend a mouth watering prospect for all involved.

“It’s going to be an action packed weekend and is great value for money, with opportunities to see the best players and best teams in the engage Super League.

“There will be a pass out available during the days, to experience what Cardiff has to offer on the doorstep of the Stadium and we look forward to welcoming some of the finest sports fans in the world.”

The ticket price structure for the event is:-

A three-game, one-day pass will cost: £18, £25 and £30. Concessions will attract a 50 per cent discount except for a number of concession tickets that will be made available for the lower bowl at a rate of £5 for the day.

A weekend six-game pass will cost: £30, £40 and £45. Concessions will attract a 50 per cent discount.

The season ticket holder only full weekend rates are: £25, £35, £40

The £5 concession entry in the lower bowl is only available on a daily-rate basis and, therefore, an adult purchasing a weekend pass would need to purchase two daily rate passes at £5 each for any concession purchased.
More information about the ‘Millennium Magic’weekend can be obtained by calling the Rugby League Box Office hot line 0870 990 1313 or by clicking on to either www.superleague.co.uk or www.rfl.uk.com. Tickets will be available to order from early December.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

any chance of making this a sticky?

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

They (the mods) said that they will only sticky things when a few other are taken off. I did mention an idea to reduce the number of stickies yet still have important topics at the top of the board but for what ever reason it has not been used.

I agree that there should be a sticky on the Cardiff Weekender I'm sure many people will be looking to book the weekend as soon as possible.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Yes, like Oniro cystals, whos actually bought 1? I know its is advertisingand helps mike etc...

I only requested to make a sticky because im sure a lot of us are wondering how to purchase tickets and where from etc...

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I've taken a risk and booked accomodation in Bath for the 5th. There is no hostel accomodation in Cardiff, but the last train runs to Bristol and Bath at 22:00 on Saturday night. Hopefully we're playing last on Saturday and I can go home on Sunday from Bath. You can't get back from Cardiff to Manchester on the train on Saturday night after the matches.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

I bought 3
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I've made a latest info thread as a sticky and got rid of the Xmas pressie links (they've been there for ages). The riversiders thread can go after this friday.

Discussion on who's going etc. should live in threads like this, with only information about ko times, travel details going on the sticky thread.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐