Getting to salford by train

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
Warriors07

Getting to salford by train

Post by Warriors07 »

Does anyone know how to get to salfords ground by train. I know where salford cresent station is, but is that to far away or are there any other stations closer to the ground.
damien morrissey

Re: Getting to salford by trai...

Post by damien morrissey »

Warriors07 posted:
Does anyone know how to get to salfords ground by train. I know where salford cresent station is, but is that to far away or are there any other stations closer to the ground.
The cresent station is the nearest but it is a desolate place to stop at, it isnt walking distance and there are no taxi ranks around and from memory there are no black cabs waiting.
For me you are best off stopping at swinton walking down the road and there is a taxi rank when you turn right at the bulls head.
Your alternative is to go to piccadilly then getting a tram to weaste and then follow the noise. You are going back on yourself a bit there though.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Getting to salford by ...

Post by Mike »

Go on the tram. Go to Picadilly, then get a tram to Eccles. Get off at The Weaste. There will be Wiganers on the tram but if not, go over the motorway bridge and you are right there.

There is no problem with going to Salford wearing a Wigan kit (although, if its snowing you might get into a snowball fight!), especially if you are on the tram.

Salford is my favourite away match. :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Stev0

Post by Stev0 »

alternatively you can get the train into Victoria and then jump on the bus at Shude Hill bus station (close to Victoria) and get the 67 or 68 or 100
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Or you could go by car like myself.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Mike posted:
Go on the tram. Go to Picadilly, then get a tram to Eccles. Get off at The Weaste. There will be Wiganers on the tram but if not, go over the motorway bridge and you are right there.

There is no problem with going to Salford wearing a Wigan kit (although, if its snowing you might get into a snowball fight!), especially if you are on the tram.

Salford is my favourite away match. :D
were ever our next away match is my fav place :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Warriors07

Post by Warriors07 »

Thanks for the help. But i took the easy option and booked a place on a coach. :)
Stev0

Post by Stev0 »

Warriors07 posted:
Thanks for the help. But i took the easy option and booked a place on a coach. :)
Wise move, saves a lot of hassle