Penrith

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

Penrith

Post by moto748 »

They are just so good, aren't they? I expected them to win, against a, let's be fair, severely depleted, albeit still talented side, but with Cleary and Luai in harness, they just look so slick. Luai and Burton work so effectively together on the left flank, and then they have To'o who just chews up metres like some superhero... And their pack ain't bad either.
Firestarter

Re: Penrith

Post by Firestarter »

Burton is gonna be some player….. i said the other season that i thought he was better than leuai….. hes actually killing it at centre now…. must admit i cant wait to watch them and melbourne every weekend
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah , but as I've said before, you're wrong about that; he isn't better than Luai at all, as evidenced when he and May had to replace Cleary and Luai! :P

But that doesn't alter the fact that he is a very good player indeed, and he slots into that centre position a treat.

There is nothing wrong with the laws of the game, or even with the refereeing. All you need is two teams who are properly coached, and know what they are doing on the pitch. Everyone in the 13 knows what they doing and what they are trying to achieve. When you watch Cleary and Luai (and, indeed, Hughes and Brandon Smith at Melbourne), they are all the time looking to screw the opposition up, catch them out, take them by surprise. Opposing defences don't get a minute's peace. Time was when teams feared Wigan's attack too! Now we must be one of the easiest teams to defend against in the league. But yeah, that's what makes Penrith and Melbourne such a great watch.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Exactly he was with may and not cleary….. they obviously rate leulai better than burton as a six but i still think burton is better…. As proven with him slotting in at 6….. dont get me wrong they are all ridiculously good…. We will agree to disagree…… the angles both penrith and melbourne run without the ball put them years ahead of any other teams….. it’s embarrassing watching them and then watching wigan playing side to side and mostly all stood static
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I meant slotting in at centre….. and he’s definitely gonna play for the roos soon imo
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:41 am Burton is gonna be some player….. i said the other season that i thought he was better than leuai….. hes actually killing it at centre now…. must admit i cant wait to watch them and melbourne every weekend
Can’t see past those two teams for the GF.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I hadn't watched the Melbourne game when I posted earlier, but what I said about Hughes and Smith never giving oppositions a minute's peace... you saw it in spades there. Too quick, too sharp, too smart.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I thought they would never replace cam smith but they have replaced him easily…… young smith adds a different dimension but boy can he scoot……. Hughes again is a different kind of seven but his pace and quick thinking is second to none
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:51 pm I thought they would never replace cam smith but they have replaced him easily…… young smith adds a different dimension but boy can he scoot……. Hughes again is a different kind of seven but his pace and quick thinking is second to none
There’s no substitute for pace.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And in this case, mostly explosive pace, over five metres.