Golden Point comes under scrutiny but key point ensures concept is here to stay

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Golden Point comes under scrutiny but key point ensures concept is here to stay

Post by Mike »

PJC wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:45 am Some people are suggesting as I read it that a team could come away with extra points from a golden point game.
This could mean that a team needing more points in the table could play for that ending i.e. getting 3 not 2 points. This would be unfair.
No, that's not it. 2 points for the winner, 1 point for the loser. So your guaranteed 1 point at the end of a drawn match and you're playing for the "bonus" winning point in extra time. You can't get 3.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Re: Golden Point comes under scrutiny but key point ensures concept is here to stay

Post by moto748 »

I think you are reading it wrong, and nobody is suggesting that.
PJC

Post by PJC »

Fair comment. My misunderstanding
PJC

Post by PJC »

It should be 1 point each if drawing after 80 minutes. The added hype isn’t needed.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

When players have toiled to 80 minutes for a draw, I think it's a bit rubbish to decide it by a drop-goalathon.
culinator

Post by culinator »

Im also not a fan of Golden Point.
I would say if it has to be Golden Point it should be Golden Try, drop goalathon is not good to watch or a good way to win/lose, i realise we scored a try.

This is just my opinion
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

culinator wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:38 am Im also not a fan of Golden Point.
I would say if it has to be Golden Point it should be Golden Try, drop goalathon is not good to watch or a good way to win/lose, i realise we scored a try.

This is just my opinion
At first blush it seems feasible. Certainly food for thought