French referee banned for THREE YEARS following antics during the Wheelchair RL World Cup Final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

French referee banned for THREE YEARS following antics during the Wheelchair RL World Cup Final

Post by josie andrews »

Laurent Abrial, a match official in the 2021 Wheelchair Rugby League World Cup final on 18 November 2022, has been found guilty of Misconduct and suspended from officiating in international rugby league matches until 1 January, 2026.

Mr Abrial was one of two main referees in charge of the final between England and France at Manchester Central.

An IRL Misconduct Committee chaired by Karim Khan and consisting of Uriah Rennie and Adam Cox found Mr Abrial had breached the IRL Code of Conduct and bought the game into disrepute through inappropriate, unprofessional and unacceptable behaviour during and after the game, including obscene gestures that could have incited the crowd, and whose conduct was prejudicial to the interests of both IRL and FFR13.

Mr Abrial accepted he had committed misconduct and expressed regret for his actions.

Mr Abrial has until Monday, 19 June to lodge an appeal.

https://www.totalrl.com/french-referee- ... gue-final/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: French referee banned for THREE YEARS following antics during the Wheelchair RL World Cup Final

Post by Caboosegg »

"including obscene gestures that could have incited the crowd,"

Don't give a damn about this there was a number of primary school kids in y1 and y2 in attendance
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
morley pie eater

Re: French referee banned for THREE YEARS following antics during the Wheelchair RL World Cup Final

Post by morley pie eater »

I'd guess the crowd saw it as entertainment rather than incitement. Never seen owt like it - great fun!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:53 pm I'd guess the crowd saw it as entertainment rather than incitement. Never seen owt like it - great fun!
My nephew was there he thought it was hilarious
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

How much different is this to Welsby or Makinson shouting abuse at travelling fans after scoring? :lol:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

It's not a good look, but neither is chucking beer bottles.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:05 am It's not a good look, but neither is chucking beer bottles.
Did my head in that last night came home stinking of beer & nearly broke my neck going down the few steps because bottles, cardboard trays & other crap all over the floor. Plus the bloody smoke bombs nearly choked me 🤨

This is a terrible image for our club & it needs stamping out. The club need to liaise with the security team because the camera was right in front of all the idiots.

The "security" guys only came to sort out the fracas at the top after a guy complained of an object hitting his very young son! (Why would you take a child around 4/5 years old to one of these type of games in the first place is beyond me! At least take them in the seated area) !!

Oh, but before KO, they, 4/5 stewards manhandled a teenage boy cos he couldn’t produce his ticket cos he’d ripped it up & threw him out! How did they think he got in in the first place?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan