Referees performance and the Sin Bin

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
robjoenz

Re: Referees performance a...

Post by robjoenz »

OAM posted:
refereeing standards will never get any better

they are all dumb a***ss
Not that I'm calling you a dumb a*** or anything but you've got one too many 's' on the end of that word.

Does that make it singular and feminine?
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

robjoenz posted:
OAM posted:
refereeing standards will never get any better

they are all dumb a***ss
Not that I'm calling you a dumb a*** or anything but you've got one too many 's' on the end of that word.

Does that make it singular and feminine?
dumb across?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
BriH

Post by BriH »

You say the first part of message is "stupid". Why? Have you a constructive alternative to offer? Players are judged on their performance by being dropped and eventually being put on transfer.
Referees have lost their Super League status in the past because of poor performances haven't they?
Have you a vested interest in defending referees?
Have you ever heard of Staff Appraisals in the work place?
I think you should engage brain before opening webmouth.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

BriH posted:
You say the first part of message is "stupid". Why? Have you a constructive alternative to offer? Players are judged on their performance by being dropped and eventually being put on transfer.
Referees have lost their Super League status in the past because of poor performances haven't they?
Have you a vested interest in defending referees?
Have you ever heard of Staff Appraisals in the work place?
I think you should engage brain before opening webmouth.
My brain was fully engaged cheers. I was saying that Panchitta Marra's suggesting of docking wages was a stupid idea.

Had they suggested appraisals (which already take place) and long term performance determine their super league status then I would have fully agreed. However, you can't just stop paying someone because they have underperformed, you'd be taken through the courts and hung out to dry.