Things not looking good for Wire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Matthew

Things not looking good for Wire

Post by Matthew »

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 84,00.html

Wire now have 10 first team players out. Including Briers who has had a reoccurrence of his hamstring injury. Add to that Bridge and more importantly Anderson and you have a team that are going to struggle against Leeds.

Wire now seem to be in a similar position to the one we were in last year (although they have won more games).

After getting beaten by the Giants they must be hoping for some luck - otherwise they will start to slip down the table
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
DaveO

Re: Things not looking good fo...

Post by DaveO »

Matthew posted:

Wire now seem to be in a similar position to the one we were in last year (although they have won more games).
We were in this position for about three seasons not just last season and all we got from other fans was it was poor management of the salary cap or whatever that meant we didn't have replacements to bring in.

Wires problems were mentioned on the SL show and Kear came out with the same sort of platitudes of it is how you mange the situation that counts.

Under the current rules of 20/25 and salary cap you can't manage an injury crisis like this.

It can happen to any side and one of my biggest problems with the effect of the 20/25 and sc in that the combination of them makes the competition far more of an injury lottery than it needs to be.

We should take a leaf out of RU's book for a change and allow clubs to remove long term injured players from the salary cap to allow loan signings. I think Grix has been out for Wire since boxing day and to have his salary count on the cap is stupid as it was when we had Hock and Lockers out for the season.

It doesn't do the competition any favours having sides play umpteen kids in the team as Wire must now do.

Dave