Jamie Leahy!!!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Jamie Leahy!!!!

Post by turf »

Just been watching him referee Doncaster v Castleford, and THAT display was how to referee a game of RL.

Silverwood made more mistakes on Tuesday night in about 10 minutes than Jamie Leahy made in the entire game!!!!

Lets have Jamie Leahy on the Full Time Referees post.

Mike
Site Admin

Re: Jamie Leahy!!!!

Post by Mike »

He was rubbish. In the 20 mins I watched he made about 3 blunders and was corrected by the VR unprompted at least once. If that had been wigan playing leeds in a close match you wouldn't have thought he was any good.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

didnt watch it and i wont watch boots n all again if they show S***Y national league......

BRING BACK THE AMAZING N.R.L
turf

Post by turf »

You say he was rubbish (which I disagree with) but he was better than the other plant pot (Silverwood) on Tuesday night.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

you will have to subscribeto Setanta if you want to watch NRL
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

That or get a dodgy box with all the channels available!!!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Mike posted:
He was rubbish. In the 20 mins I watched he made about 3 blunders and was corrected by the VR unprompted at least once. If that had been wigan playing leeds in a close match you wouldn't have thought he was any good.
I'm not so sure about rubbish, Mike, he did make a few mistakes but as you point out, he was corrected by Ben Thaler. That's not a negative, the officials are there to work as a team, it's not the referee on his own. If they got it right in the end then it doesn't really matter how they arrived there.

Your last point is very true, Mike. If a match is close or Wigan lost, fans are on the back of the referee every time he gives a decision against us. If it doesn't matter or we win the fans aren't so bad. Proof of this was people saying Silverwood had an ok game at Leeds yet Klein got a lot more slagging for his Good Friday performance despite doing a lot better. It's just because we lost.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

robjoenz posted:
Mike posted:
I'm not so sure about rubbish, Mike, he did make a few mistakes but as you point out, he was corrected by Ben Thaler. That's not a negative, the officials are there to work as a team, it's not the referee on his own. If they got it right in the end then it doesn't really matter how they arrived there.

Your last point is very true, Mike. If a match is close or Wigan lost, fans are on the back of the referee every time he gives a decision against us. If it doesn't matter or we win the fans aren't so bad. Proof of this was people saying Silverwood had an ok game at Leeds yet Klein got a lot more slagging for his Good Friday performance despite doing a lot better. It's just because we lost.
You're probably right - I was just trying to shake turfs new-found belief that what ever ref he saw last is the best one in the world!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
turf

Post by turf »

Did I say that Jamie Leahy was the best referee in the world? No, I didn't. I just simply said tyhat he had a good game. End of.
turf

Post by turf »

Bentham was pretty bad as well. Giving knock ons when the ball was stolen, ignoring blatant obstruction leading to one of St Helens tries.

Grrrrrr there's some bad referees in this League!!!!