what an absolute disgrace

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
eccywarrior

what an absolute disgrace

Post by eccywarrior »

its becoming a joke showing nl games on sky. widnes battered leigh last week and tonight cas slaughtered doncaster 66-4 :( how can they benefit putting games on like that. nobody would be interested after watching first 10 mins of that game tonight :(
think they need to get nrl back on as nl wont be a success.
anyonelse agree?
IN WANE WE TRUST
Shevi 4 life

Re: what an absolute disgrace

Post by Shevi 4 life »

i do its a joke really in it why watch a national league team wen you can have the nrl, the nrl is better than super league
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
becky b

Re: what an absolute disgrace

Post by becky b »

Ye i agree its boring and nrl is better but for the fans of the lower leagues its good for them as some may not be able to get to the matches like some super league fans and they pay for there sky as we do watching super league
Mike
Site Admin

Re: what an absolute disgr...

Post by Mike »

Its money. Sky were outbid for the NRL by setenta. They can't have it back if they wanted to. They are getting the NL for nothing.

I remember when these type of score lines were common in SL (about 2 seasons ago!) :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

Yeah its a joke they should have got tabs on N.R.L you couldnt beat it on a saturday mornin and a sunday aswell amazing rugby league all weekend.....

NOT ANY MORE
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

How's it a disgrace? Despite being free to Sky Sports it will bring in advertising revenue for the clubs and also raise awareness of their existence to a wider audience.

As someone pointed out, we were getting cricket scores in SL a few years back but the league has strengthened. With more sides going fulltime in NL1 they too are strengthening. The problem is that it's those fulltime teams that are doing much better.
CherryandWhiteandProud

Post by CherryandWhiteandProud »

robjoenz posted:
How's it a disgrace? Despite being free to Sky Sports it will bring in advertising revenue for the clubs and also raise awareness of their existence to a wider audience.

As someone pointed out, we were getting cricket scores in SL a few years back but the league has strengthened. With more sides going fulltime in NL1 they too are strengthening. The problem is that it's those fulltime teams that are doing much better.
I agree, strengthens the British game, so we can be as good as the aussies.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

66-4

I watched the first half. Castleford should comfortably bounce back up - depending on how well Widnes do.

Cas
Widnes
Whitey
East Wigan
Halifax

top 5
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Shevi 4 life posted:
i do its a joke really in it why watch a national league team wen you can have the nrl, the nrl is better than super league
Theres no reason why fans shouldnt get both NHL1 & NRL coverage, the sport of RL & sky are both big enough to deal with it.
At least with NHL1 you get chance to see some of the up and coming young kids or prospective signings.