Hull FC/Bulls Referee!!!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Hull FC/Bulls Referee!!!!

Post by turf »

Ben Thaler.

It's a big game for this official. Probably the best we have in SL and probably one of if not the biggest game that he has ever taken control of.

Any thoughts??
trotski_tgwu

Re: Hull FC/Bulls Referee!!!!

Post by trotski_tgwu »

turf posted:
Ben Thaler.

It's a big game for this official. Probably the best we have in SL and probably one of if not the biggest game that he has ever taken control of.

Any thoughts??
Watched the game on sky & he didnt have a great game missed a few things against hull but in the end it didnt matter as the Bull (as usual) scored 2 trys in last 10 mins to go top of the table

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

OAMJSONA

Re: Hull FC/Bulls Referee!...

Post by OAMJSONA »

the lad showed promise but he as not been shown the bad ways of reffing yet as he , there is time though
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

turf

Post by turf »

Had a fine game tonight did young Thaler. He is the best referee in SL currently.

Hope he gets a big game at the Cardiff weekend!!!!

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

turf posted:
Had a fine game tonight did young Thaler. He is the best referee in SL currently.

From what I've seen he likes to let the game flow but not giving many penalties. Sometimes the players respond by playing rugby, sometimes however, you lose control and it works against you with players bossing the game rather than the referee. The more experienced referees, like Ganson, take less risks and have a tigher control on the game.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

robjoenz posted:
turf posted:

From what I've seen he likes to let the game flow but not giving many penalties. Sometimes the players respond by playing rugby, sometimes however, you lose control and it works against you with players bossing the game rather than the referee. The more experienced referees, like Ganson, take less risks and have a tigher control on the game.
After watching last nights game today it makes me think that certain reffs like the attention Thaler ran a great game by largely letting things flow but talking to the players you could argue that to hve such a low penalty count but the sin bin solomona is a little contradictory. He was talking to the players and they responded to it maybe the players could concentrate on playing rugby rather than wondering why the reff needs such tight control of a proffesional group of people.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

robjoenz posted:
I'll translate the bit in bold for those not members of any refereeing societies.

"Ganson is incapable of letting a game flow and in any case if he did, he would not be the centre of attention. So instead he gives penalties on a purely regular basis which to the uneducated eye (or junior refs) gives the impression he is in control but the give away that he isn't is the randomness for what he gives the penalties for. A incorrect PTB here, an offside there but never consistent."

Dave
right cross

Post by right cross »

yes i agree with the last 2 posts ,i thought the game on friday was the best game on sky for ages.
thats what everybody wants to see not a stop start game like one or two refs are giving us at the moment,[ganson,klien]them two should take a leaf out of thalers book.