Ganson at it again

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
adrenalinxx

Re: Ganson at it again

Post by adrenalinxx »

The RFL always want a controversial incident from the weekend, something to get the sport into the back page of the news papers and give people a reason to tune into the Super League show on Monday and to give them something to talk about on that.

All publicity is good publicity for the RFL, its only about getting as much money as possible, its not about a fair sport.

Ganson might not be the best referee in Super League but even he would have gone to the screen in that situation because there is know way the touch judge can look for offside from behind the post. The RFL has done this before with the inexplicable ban for Terry Newton just to get RL in the news.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

adrenalinxx posted:
The RFL always want a controversial incident from the weekend, something to get the sport into the back page of the news papers and give people a reason to tune into the Super League show on Monday and to give them something to talk about on that.

All publicity is good publicity for the RFL, its only about getting as much money as possible, its not about a fair sport.

Ganson might not be the best referee in Super League but even he would have gone to the screen in that situation because there is know way the touch judge can look for offside from behind the post. The RFL has done this before with the inexplicable ban for Terry Newton just to get RL in the news.
So your saying he knew it wasn't a try but gave it anyway to generate publicity.I know refs are bad but that's pathetic :with:
Eaststander

Post by Eaststander »

This is from the RFL offical site:-

''Organisers had hoped to save the best for last and the West Yorkshire rivals duly obliged as 26,447 fans gorged themselves on the final helpings of a feast of rugby league in the Welsh capital''.

26,477!!!! not many more than we had at the JJB for the Stains game so why do we have to trail all the way to Wales?

Next quote from the RFL site:-

''Had Sinfield kicked the goal, a match of breathtaking intensity and gripping drama would have ended all square but for the second time in a month the unfortunate Bulls were denied at the death by their arch-rivals.''

Unfortunate Bulls.....Robbed Bulls more like !!Denied by Ganson not their arch rivals!!!

Not one person from the RFL has stood up and said they will look into the referee situation.
Ganson has said *sorry* in the media and they will now just let it go.
It's a JOKE and they are making Rugby League a joke and so have wasted all the time, money and effort on Cardiff trying to promote it in Wales.
AND IF they want Wales to get involved and spread league to Wales why didn't they give Celtic Crusaders a place in Superleague and help them like they did London? Why a French team when we all know that Rugby League in France is a non starter.

Rant over.

WIGAN TILL I DIE
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Fujiman posted:
So your saying he knew it wasn't a try but gave it anyway to generate publicity.I know refs are bad but that's pathetic :with:
The rules of rugby league practically call for the video referee on a situation where a try is scored from a missed penalty kick. The first thing the referee does is to ask his touch judges about offside as soon as they said "erm...we were stood behind the posts sir" he should have realised the video referee was need......that decision makes no sense what so ever.

Then the decision before that was almost as odd, ok they make mistakes from time to time but something like that in the last minute, in kickable distance to tie the game and for something that wasn't even a penalty....that sounds like a plot twist from a bad ITV drama.

The only time people outside the sport ever care about RL is when something controversial happens and the RFL know it, I'm not saying that the RFL planned for Bradford to lose in the last minute but they wanted something controversially, something for people to talk about and to follow that up for the first time ever we get an apology from the referee. Where was Wigans apology for the wrong video referee decision at Wakefield last year?

People aren't going to agree with what I have said and I didn't expect many people to but if you think Rugby League is a fair sport then its a case of don't believe the truth.
jodie clark

Post by jodie clark »

i agree with you it was a discrace and needs looking into more that an "im sorry" that isnt good enough that is an easy escape route from ganson
there was no way that ganson could have seen that properly and be so convinced that he was able to give the try and when the penelty was awarded everyone asked why i still dont see why it was awarded other than steve ganson wanted a draw for st helens
i dont think it was the RFL that decided bradford were going to loose i said as soon as it happened it was steven ganson

its not just me that felt that wigan were robbed at wakfield for that last minuite richards try i thought i was being unfair and just finding someone to blame because we lost
i think the RFL need to open there eyes and see how the refs are ruining the game of rugby league
and like i said in another post the only difference in the refs being made full time is they are higher paid pilocks ( speshly ganson )
always look on the bright side of life :D

what ever happens stick together !!!

simply the best,better than all the rest !!

!!! WE ARE THE WARRIORS !!!

R.I.P Mike Gregory A True legend xxxx
turf

Post by turf »

Taken from the Leeds RLFansite message board:

Saints v Hornets - Ronnie Laughton
Salford v Giants - Silverwood
Whitehaven v Dragons - Thaler
Wolves v Barrow - M. Alibert
Hull FC v Sheffield - Hewer
Oldham v Quins - Halloran
Wakey v Bradford - Smith / VR Bentham
Leeds v Wigan - Bentham / VR Smith

Look who's got the weekend off, messeurs (spelling?) Klein and Ganson.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

i have asked if any one knows if ganson can get demoted

and if not demoted

struck off the referees panel

this proved he is bent as a 3 bob bit
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

jodie clark

Post by jodie clark »

well i hope he gets demoted hes not fit to referee at all its a discrace
always look on the bright side of life :D

what ever happens stick together !!!

simply the best,better than all the rest !!

!!! WE ARE THE WARRIORS !!!

R.I.P Mike Gregory A True legend xxxx
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Based on the fact that Klein has admitted to calling down to Ganson stating it was a try, was Ganson just taking the rap for an incompetant call from upon high.
According to ttxt, Klein has said he put the call down to Ganson, hence no Video Refs requested!

If this is the case, then do we and a few others owe Mr Ganson an apology, as he was advised on the call prior to giving the try :conf:

Yet again, regardless of the outcome, would any other sport admit to this? :eh:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
turf

Post by turf »

Well said from A to B. I think amongst all this Ganson, has been very harshly treated.

It was a STINKER of a call by Klein to Ganson's ear piece to say that it was a try.