Are too many points being scored?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Are too many points being scored?

Post by cpwigan »

It seems that cricket scores are being posted in many matches this weekend. Is that good? Should there be a greater balance between defence and attack?
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Are too many points being ...

Post by Mike »

I'd say - no.

The results this week we're recorded in an exceptional set of conditions. There was clearly an issue with the pitch with players unable to change direction with any confidence. Also, the playing area seemed to be so wide that two long passes would seem to get outside of any teams defence and give the centre and wing a lot of room left to work in. The teams on the second day especially seemed to have figured this out and chucked the ball outside at will to try and get outside their opponents.

I reckon a return to the traditional ground will see a return to more standard margins (except at Salford where anyone will stick 50+ on them!)

ANyway, are these matches exceptional in the scoring of the last 10 years? I'd say not really. We don't get the mismatches of the NL1 at least.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐