Robjoenz, Bradford second try

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
mike binder

Re: Robjoenz, Bradford sec...

Post by mike binder »

so every pass is forward lol :lol: point proved :eh:so the south sand at leeds are allways right :cool:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

CP's gone very quiet?
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

brilliant clip robjoenz, can we send it stevo? the last bit of the video totally rubbishes his momentum rule theory, he states the passing player must end up infront of the man receiving the ball (he winds me up)
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:) I think you nuclear physicists and momentum dudes are mad, positively mad BUT hey I am not going to convince you otherwise. I can concede that a ball may marginally travel/look forward if the ball carrier is travelling at a very good speed. However, by marginal I am talking a flat pass that goes a maximum of 1/2 yard forward. Any pass that travels forward by a yard or more is dead set forward.

Rob, maybe you should follow KKs example. They like nuclear physics in that sport. :lol:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
Rob, maybe you should follow KKs example. They like nuclear physics in that sport. :lol:
He works for a bank!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Union :wink: The forward pass utopia
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
I can concede that a ball may marginally travel/look forward if the ball carrier is travelling at a very good speed. However, by marginal I am talking a flat pass that goes a maximum of 1/2 yard forward. Any pass that travels forward by a yard or more is dead set forward.
You've given in a little so obviously you're starting to see sense :wink:

So your rule of thumb is 'more than half a yard and it's forward.' What about the examples I referred to on that video clip? One pass was thrown legitimately and travelled forward several feet. I'm glad you're not a referee.
mario

Post by mario »

robjoenz posted:
cpwigan posted:
:lol: Rob you kill me. If the ball goes yards forward its forward. My grass trick never fails. I bet they do not teach you that at Red Hall :wink:
Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgMlDy2jP9s and watch the video. Look at the examples on 1:50 and 2:40, they're superb. The former is very similar to the Lesley pass. Is it thrown forward?

It shows how daft the 'grass strip' rule is. Best revert to the Nuclear Physics that all officials employ, eh!
Trouble is neither of the examples are anything like the forward pass by Vainakolo!
And referees apply the momentum rule when the player passing the ball has no momentum!