Re: Question, Has Rob Burrow e...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Morph posted:
played the ball from where he's tackled? I'm getting really peed off that refs constantly let him get away this. :angry:
Lots of players try to get away with that, and mostly do; you don't often see a "moving off the mark" penalty these days. Ashton & Fielden get away with the same thing a lot for us.
panthersno1

Post by panthersno1 »

i agree he seems to get away with alot of things because of his height
Bear

Re: Question, Has Rob Burr...

Post by Bear »

panthersno1 posted:
i agree he seems to get away with alot of things because of his height
Look at when feilden high tackled him earlier one in the season the dweeb. Feka doesnt play the ball properly half the time. Referees cant spot this every play but do need to be quite firmer
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Bear posted:
Feka doesnt play the ball properly half the time. Referees cant spot this every play but do need to be quite firmer
Ganson penalizes us for improper POTBs; usually when we are on our own 20 metre line...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Bear

Post by Bear »

Matthew posted:
Bear posted:
Feka doesnt play the ball properly half the time. Referees cant spot this every play but do need to be quite firmer
Ganson penalizes us for improper POTBs; usually when we are on our own 20 metre line...
Well yeah but im saying the other teams dont
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Matthew posted:
He did it in one game this season... he's not done it when we've had him since. Think he's sorted his act out.

There are some messy aspects of the game but very often they are 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other. One players moved off the mark to play the ball because the tackler hasn't cleared the ruck. I'd rather see the play-the-ball and some flow to a game than a penalty. IMO penalties should only be given for leaving the mark when the player is taking the mickey with it. You get a feel for when a player wants to play the game and when the player wants to mess about.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

robjoenz posted:
Matthew posted:
He did it in one game this season... he's not done it when we've had him since. Think he's sorted his act out.
There are probably a few Bradford fans who think that ganson has definitely not sorted his act out! I liked the way that the BBC called it "gansongate"!

Sorry Rob - couldn't help myself!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds