Ben Thaler!!!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Ben Thaler!!!!

Post by turf »

I have just watched the Warrington v Quins game and I was extremely impressed with young rookie referee Ben Thaler.

He used his touch judges every time he was unsure of something and made some VERY good decisions. He is possibly THE best referee in SL.

Should Cummings move him up a step on the ladder and perhaqps give him a big game, i.e, Hull v Bradford, or Wigan v Hull FC next week.

That WOULD test his ability out to the FULL but I am sure on tonight's handling of the Warrington v Quins game he is quite capable of handling Wigan v Hull FC.

Thaler is only young and (probably) still learning the game as was (again, probably) Laughton last night, but Ben Thaler is STREETS ahead of Ronnie Laughton.

Anyway, on tonight's display:

Well done Mr Thaler!!!!!!!
OAMJSONA

Re: Ben Thaler!!!!

Post by OAMJSONA »

well put Turf

for once we the makings of a good referee

lets hope the dinosaurs dnt spoil this young lad
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

turf

Post by turf »

I have actually posted a topic that we agree on!!!!!

Just a joke don't worry. He's only about 22/23 isn't he, Thaler? He already knows the rules of the game more or less inside out.

The same with Bentham last night, from what I have heard, HE had a superb game as well.

I would trus Thaler any day over Bentham though.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

we agree entirely on this one

just hope the lads progress is not hindered

i will not comment on Bentham though

turf

Post by turf »

Lets just hope that he just looks at the tapes of his performances WITHOUT any help from other referees or Cummings.

If he does this, we will probably have the best referee since............. oh I don't know, but you know what I am getting at OAM don't you?

The good thing is, is that Thaler is still only about 22/23?

He's got a very good job outside of RL I hear as well. I don't know what it is though?!?!?!

I was sick of Stevo tonight saying, "oh he's got that wrong, oh he's got this wrong". He would complain if it was Laughton refereeing the game tonight how pedantic he was.

I just thought to myself, shut up Stevo putting the lad down, he is refereeing very well so don't put the mockers on him.

Eddie was at it as well, trying to knock Thaler by saying something like, "He's keeping a very skinny 10 metres is Ben Thaler".

Just shut up the pair of them and let him referee the game how he wants to - which was excellently tonight by the way.

He also policed the ruck and the play the ball area very well indeed.

Another well done to Mr Thaler.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

agree again Turf

those two muppets want axing

especially that idiot whos always saying -

Bratfort

turf

Post by turf »

It is Stevo that keeps saying Bratfut isn't it?

Don't tell me I think it is finally true. Wth Ben Thaler improving game by game like he is doing, I think we have FINALLY found a more or less BEST referee.

As I said before OAM, lets just hope that Thaler just looks at the tapes of his performances WITHOUT any help from other referees or Cummings.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

bratford :lol:

the sky commentary team suck, tez and baz have lightened it up, pure comedy. i thought stevo was leaving last year at end of season? good job he didnt 'put his hosue on it'
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

spot on Turf

turf

Post by turf »

Again. I have got about as many things "spot on" in this post as Ben Thaler did tonight. Only joking!!!!

I was watching Thaler tonight and I thought to myself, "Isn't it wonderful to see a referee unsure of what to give, so he imediately goes to his touch judge for advice of what decision to give".

Also, when the touch judges were required by Thaler tonight, they not only helped him but they gave him the right decision as well.

Some people say that going to the touch judges all the time is the sign of a soft referee which I VERY strongly disagree with.

As I have said before, Thaler is a very strong, capable, and competent referee who only uses his touch judges when HE and only HE wants to/will do.

That is a sign of a VERY confident referee. I thought that Thaler had confidence in every decisin he made tonight, you could see that he was frightened to blow the whistle, and that is very good to see.