Re: Long & Cunningham new ...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
OAMJSONA

Re: Long & Cunningham ...

Post by OAMJSONA »

i agree with you AB

offshore , on shore, under hand , back hand

who gives a dam about STAINS

they will very soon be on the way down
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Think that stains are being generous to long to give him 2 years. Don't think that he will be a regular in the stains side for that much longer. After all, he injured himself on a slightly uneven part of the pitch a few weeks ago!

As for him going down under - where? He wouldn't even make water carrier for the rabbitohs! He would have been an embarrassment for British players! Had the stains not offered him a contract he would have been forced to sign for one of the "lesser" SL clubs as there is no way that Leeds, Bradford or us would have entertained him.

Whilst long may have been very successful at club level - that is all he is; a club player. He has never even threatened to regularly deliver the goods at international level and he is a couple of years past his best.

With KFC, Long and Scully's continued decline, stains have started to struggle. I think that is the reason that they have already lost as many games this season as they did in the whole of last season.

As for long taking a greatly reduced contract; I can't see it myself. He such an arrogant t**t that I don't think he'd even consider it!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Matthew posted:
Think that stains are being generous to long to give him 2 years. Don't think that he will be a regular in the stains side for that much longer. After all, he injured himself on a slightly uneven part of the pitch a few weeks ago!

As for him going down under - where? He wouldn't even make water carrier for the rabbitohs! He would have been an embarrassment for British players! Had the stains not offered him a contract he would have been forced to sign for one of the "lesser" SL clubs as there is no way that Leeds, Bradford or us would have entertained him.

Whilst long may have been very successful at club level - that is all he is; a club player. He has never even threatened to regularly deliver the goods at international level and he is a couple of years past his best.

With KFC, Long and Scully's continued decline, stains have started to struggle. I think that is the reason that they have already lost as many games this season as they did in the whole of last season.

As for long taking a greatly reduced contract; I can't see it myself. He such an arrogant t**t that I don't think he'd even consider it!
But isn't this exactly what every club needs? Or would you be happy seeing us as a mid table side because twice a year Lockers and Hock have stormers against the Kiwis and Aussies?

Regarding his contract I do not know what he is on now but they are surely not paying him the £200K he was on previously. IMO he could have been forced to take a £80K reduction - after all, what were his options, as you said?
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

jinkin jimmy posted:
But isn't this exactly what every club needs? Or would you be happy seeing us as a mid table side because twice a year Lockers and Hock have stormers against the Kiwis and Aussies?

Regarding his contract I do not know what he is on now but they are surely not paying him the £200K he was on previously. IMO he could have been forced to take a £80K reduction - after all, what were his options, as you said?
His longevity at stains (no pun intended) has made a difference to his performances at club level. Being in a settled side has IMO made long look a better player than he actally is. An illusion that has been routinely shattered when he has stepped up to international level (one off performances aside). Had Lam joined us 5 years earlier in his career then I think that he would have done far better than long has with the scousers.

As for salary reduction, I would imagine that he won't have accepted that much of a reduction; not only is he an egotistical ****, but as stains do not have a ready made replacement waiting in the wings - there isn't exactly a surplus of decent 7s in the SL.

At this stage of his career stains probably just about need him more than he needs them - but it's close. Take Pyrce away from (and also Lyon when he was there) and you now have a pretty average player
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

he is also a p**s head to Jimmy

the resaon he as not played last two games is for disciplinary reasons
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White