DO THE RFL HAVE A CLUE?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
FROM A TO B

DO THE RFL HAVE A CLUE?

Post by FROM A TO B »

I know there is a thread about the refs position whilst pens are being kicked, but the last section of the report leaves me bemused
Meanwhile, the RFL is also considering another change in which all "match-winning" tries would be assessed by the video referee before being awarded
So, putting this into context

Scenario 1
Team A is playing team B
Team A is winning with 10 minutes to go, then team B score a try to take the lead. Is this deemed as a "match winning try"? Team A can still score as there are 10 mins left.

Scenario 2.
Team A score a try to level the scores with 10 minutes to go.
5 minutes later, team A score again to take the lead, but it is deemed as it is a "match winning try", they go to the ref and the try is awarded. After the game, it comes to light that the previous try should not have been allowed, but seeing as the ref didn't send it to the VR it was awarded. Therefore, the "match winning try" was actually the try that should have been disallowed in the 1st place.

Scenario 3.
Team A score a try in the 1st 5 minutes of the game and the try is awarded without referal. There are no more tries scored in the game, therefore, it was the match winning try!

so Mr Cummings or Mr RFL, what is the definition of a "match winning try"?
Will this be for all games or just televised?
:conf:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
robjoenz

Re: DO THE RFL HAVE A CLUE?

Post by robjoenz »

FROM A TO B posted:
I know there is a thread about the refs position whilst pens are being kicked, but the last section of the report leaves me bemused
Meanwhile, the RFL is also considering another change in which all "match-winning" tries would be assessed by the video referee before being awarded
So, putting this into context

Scenario 1
Team A is playing team B
Team A is winning with 10 minutes to go, then team B score a try to take the lead. Is this deemed as a "match winning try"? Team A can still score as there are 10 mins left.

Scenario 2.
Team A score a try to level the scores with 10 minutes to go.
5 minutes later, team A score again to take the lead, but it is deemed as it is a "match winning try", they go to the ref and the try is awarded. After the game, it comes to light that the previous try should not have been allowed, but seeing as the ref didn't send it to the VR it was awarded. Therefore, the "match winning try" was actually the try that should have been disallowed in the 1st place.

Scenario 3.
Team A score a try in the 1st 5 minutes of the game and the try is awarded without referal. There are no more tries scored in the game, therefore, it was the match winning try!

so Mr Cummings or Mr RFL, what is the definition of a "match winning try"?
Will this be for all games or just televised?
:conf:
Do you not think the worst scenario is as follows:

Team A are 2 points behind Team B, the hooter has gone. Team A score a try, but the touch judge stands short and tells the referee that the pass to set-up the try was forward. The referee then has to go to the screen because it's the last minute, the video referee cannot judge on forward passes and awards the try!

HAHA :D
Matthew

Re: DO THE RFL HAVE A CLUE...

Post by Matthew »

Rob, since Klein has disgraced himself and been demoted to NL1 for the time being; shouldn't you change the picture?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

Matthew posted:
Rob, since Klein has disgraced himself and been demoted to NL1 for the time being; shouldn't you change the picture?
whilst you mention klein, am i the only one bemused why he has been punished?? i heard he whispered in gansons ear giving the decision to award the leeds penalty and that is not allowed BUT he didn't blow the whistle and award the penalty, surely ganson is man enough to say "sorry ashley but you can't give me that information so i'm playing on as it looked ok to me!!" why is ganson not refereeing in the national leagues?? (yes i know he is ill at the moment)
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Matthew posted:
Why?

I wouldn't say either Ganson or Klein had disgraced themselves. Had they made a catalogue of errors each throughout the game then I'd agree.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Did you say a catalogue of errors in the game or in there career? :D
mario

Post by mario »

robjoenz posted:
Matthew posted:
Why?

I wouldn't say either Ganson or Klein had disgraced themselves. Had they made a catalogue of errors each throughout the game then I'd agree.
No you wouldn't, youd find an excuse for them!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

damien morrissey posted:
Did you say a catalogue of errors in the game or in there career? :D
Game... every referee and player in the game has a catalogue of errors in their entire career.