I agree with Turf!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
GeoffN

I agree with Turf!

Post by GeoffN »

Watched the Salford v Huddersfield game earlier, and I was quite impressed with Ben Thaler.
Maybe allowed a bit too much messing around at the PTB, for both sides, but otherwise had a good game.

ancientnloyal

Re: I agree with Turf!

Post by ancientnloyal »

GeoffN posted:
I agree with Turf!
One condition, we dont need even more Ashton threads.

Yes ben Thaler is a good ref but not in the big-name Ganson league yet for some reason, experience? he's a good ref
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
turf

Post by turf »

What do you mean "even more Ashton threads". This is about Thaler and NOT Ashton.

Noticed Mr Bentham had a fine game tonight.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

turf posted:
What do you mean "even more Ashton threads". This is about Thaler and NOT Ashton.

He did. Although I though the Hull player should have been sin-binned very early on for a professional foul, when we got that early penalty.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
turf posted:

He did. Although I though the Hull player should have been sin-binned very early on for a professional foul, when we got that early penalty.
Maybe so but I did notice a difference between this weeks ref ands last weeks regarding offences at the PTB.

In the second half Hull got done for two close together and he took the Hull captain aside for a lecture.

They stopped doing it.

Last week HKR did it about 5 times and quite deliberately to slow the game down and the ref took no action. So they kept doing it.

Dave
turf

Post by turf »

Good refereeing by Bentham when Ashton got a nasty clatter (off the ball) because he could have chosen to pull the play back and give the penalty bout glad he didn't because we scored.

Not that Ashton knew much about it. Looked bad and late, to be honest.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

turf posted:
Good refereeing by Bentham when Ashton got a nasty clatter (off the ball) because he could have chosen to pull the play back and give the penalty bout glad he didn't because we scored.

Not that Ashton knew much about it. Looked bad and late, to be honest.
I missed that at the time, (ball watching!) only noticed after the try when he was still down injured. Seemed fine afterwards, though; great backing up for his try - and incidentally, anyone think Withers could have had the pace to get there in support?
turf

Post by turf »

He had raced more or less the length of the field hadn't he to get his try.

He had a good game tonight Ashton. Particularly before his knock.

He wasn't the same after that knock but hope he's ok for next week?!?!

It was a heavy knock wherever he was banged. He felt it. Someone said close to me that it looked like he was being sick when he was on his haunches.

Maybe a head knock.

He looked to be also limping a bit when he was walking back to the line after his try.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
and incidentally, anyone think Withers could have had the pace to get there in support?
No and I have been saying Ashton's pace is why he should get the nod over Withers all season even when he wore that shirt!

I am not actually sure how Withers can get back into the 17. It can only be as a utility back because you don't run two full backs in a 17 but Goulding has more pace if we need a back on the bench.

I am sure we might have expected him to get DV's place but he can't be dropped for Withers.

Dave
turf

Post by turf »

He had a good game tonight Ashton. Particularly before his knock.

He wasn't the same after that knock but hope he's ok for next week?!?!

It was a heavy knock wherever he was banged. He felt it. Someone said close to me that it looked like he was being sick when he was on his haunches.

Maybe a head knock.

He looked to be also limping a bit when he was walking back to the line after his try.