I agree with Turf!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
right cross

Re: I agree with Turf!

Post by right cross »

GeoffN posted:
turf posted:
What do you mean "even more Ashton threads". This is about Thaler and NOT Ashton.

Noticed Mr Bentham had a fine game tonight.
He did. Although I though the Hull player should have been sin-binned very early on for a professional foul, when we got that early penalty.
yes but lulu was lucky not to be sent of after radfords try ,i cringed at the attempted slide tackle just hope he does,nt get sighted for it.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

thaler was been the best ref i've seen so far this season ,he lets the game flow as much as possible particullary around the play the ball
turf

Post by turf »

Thats the thing that impresses me about Thaler. He hardly gives penalties for mauling/hanging around in the ruck - unless they need to be given.

That I think is very good refereeing. Has anyone noticed that whatever game he referees - there is a low penalty count.

Anyone also notcied that Bentham seems to be improving.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Funny how many people think the ref is great when the penalty count goes in our favour........
turf

Post by turf »

I was not talking about penalty counts in our favour if you read the posts.

I was making out that a couple of referees are improving i.e, Bentham on Saturday, Silverwood Yesterday and Thaler (as always) on Friday.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

And I am pointing out that if we had lost or had an adverse penalty count - whether deserved or not - this site would have been swamped with the usual anti ref garbage, though not necessarily from you. Most peoples' pro or anti ref comments are directly influenced by the result.
turf

Post by turf »

I tend to judge fairly on referees these days. UNless it is someone REALLY garbbage like Rocket Ronnie the other week.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jinkin jimmy posted:
And I am pointing out that if we had lost or had an adverse penalty count - whether deserved or not - this site would have been swamped with the usual anti ref garbage, though not necessarily from you. Most peoples' pro or anti ref comments are directly influenced by the result.
Could be argued that the result is sometimes because of the ref, though admittedly not recently.