St helens comments...,

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shawcross da warrior

St helens comments...,

Post by shawcross da warrior »

My mate has just sent me a link off the stains equivilant to this site and it says...

"I think its tight between Barrett and Pryce - Barrett only stands out in an appauling Wigan side"

They are commenting on the BBC'S rugby league chief reporters inclusion of barrett in the halfseason dream team...

how they can say we are appauling when were fourth is beyond me........
:conf:
Matthew

Re: St helens comments...,

Post by Matthew »

shawcross da warrior posted:
My mate has just sent me a link off the stains equivilant to this site and it says...

"I think its tight between Barrett and Pryce - Barrett only stands out in an appauling Wigan side"

They are commenting on the BBC'S rugby league chief reporters inclusion of barrett in the halfseason dream team...

Tight between Barrett and Pyrce???

Next they'll be saying that they think Wellens is a better fullback than Radlinski was!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Matthew posted:
shawcross da warrior posted:

Tight between Barrett and Pyrce???

Next they'll be saying that they think Wellens is a better fullback than Radlinski was!
Some do: mind you, some of them even say Sculthorpe is a better 13 than Lockers...
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

pryce not fit to clean Trents boots

as for stains

they will soon be on the way down
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

the grinch

Post by the grinch »

for any st helens opinion to mean anything to us we would have to resepct them. "and we dont".
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

the grinch posted:
for any st helens opinion to mean anything to us we would have to resepct them. "and we dont".
The only reason they think Pryce is better than Barrett is because they disrespect Wigan as much as most Wigan followers disrespect them. Both are quality players at different points in their careers.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

robjoenz posted:
the grinch posted:
The only reason they think Pryce is better than Barrett is because they disrespect Wigan as much as most Wigan followers disrespect them. Both are quality players at different points in their careers.
There is an element of truth in what you say Rob - however Barrett was the best stand off in the best RL competition - and likewise the best team in the world. Pyrce whilst talented is in a much stronger club team and has never really shined at international level.

Put it this way - if we swapped the two do you think we would have done any better this season? Given the chance; most stains fans would swap Pyrce for Barrett in a heartbeat
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Matthew posted:
robjoenz posted:
the grinch posted:
There is an element of truth in what you say Rob - however Barrett was the best stand off in the best RL competition - and likewise the best team in the world. Pyrce whilst talented is in a much stronger club team and has never really shined at international level.

Put it this way - if we swapped the two do you think we would have done any better this season? Given the chance; most stains fans would swap Pyrce for Barrett in a heartbeat
But few will admit it!!
Diamond Lady

Post by Diamond Lady »

Did nobody notice Eddie Hemmings on Monday while commentating on the Wire v St. Helens match. Saints have got the best full back in Wellens, the best front rower in Cayless and Gidley has to be the star import of super league this season :o
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Diamond Lady posted:
Did nobody notice Eddie Hemmings on Monday while commentating on the Wire v St. Helens match. Saints have got the best full back in Wellens, the best front rower in Cayless and Gidley has to be the star import of super league this season :o
Yes. Quite stomach churning. I also noticed not a single word about Wellens' awful attempt to tackle Vinnie Anderson, nor a mention of how every single kick donw field from Wolves went over his head.