Saints v Salford - Referee Information!!!!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Saints v Salford - Referee Information!!!!!

Post by turf »

Taken from www/bbc.co.uk/rugbyleague:

The match will be refereed by French official Thierry Alibert, who is in Britain on an exchange programme aimed at raising standards across Europe.

Lets hope he does raise the standards because Cummings won't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ancientnloyal

Re: Saints v Salford - Referee...

Post by ancientnloyal »

turf posted:

The match will be refereed by French official Thierry Alibert, who is in Britain on an exchange programme aimed at raising crowd standards in St Helens.

edited*
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Does that mean we're sending one of our refs over to France? If it's Ganson, can he stay there, please?
turf

Re: Saints v Salford - Ref...

Post by turf »

What about Mr Klein? I'd rather him go than Ganson :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly:
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

turf posted:

The match will be refereed by French official Thierry Alibert, who is in Britain on an exchange programme aimed at raising standards across Europe.

Providing he can turn a blind eye to Saints players starting fights and punching out and not seeing Saints loose fowards kicking centers senseless and making sure every 50-50 Saints decisions go their way then he will be a Knowlsley road favourite in no time at all.
stacey c

Post by stacey c »

turf posted:
What about Mr Klein? I'd rather him go than Ganson :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly:
I will even pay for his taxi to the airport! :lol:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I'll let you know how he gets on as I'm off to Knowsley Road this afternoon/evening.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Turf, this report is for you!!!

I only planned on watching the first 10-15 minutes of the Saints game but ended up staying until the end and taking photos of the referee with his camera, haha.

He was definately not accustomed to Super League, it's clear that French matches are totally different to SL games. I'm not saying he was a bad referee but there were certain areas of his game that any other SL referee would have pulled players up on. The Saints fans were infuriated that he wasn't overly concerned about the defensive line.

He had some interesting points to his game though, he liked to get very close to the action, on a few ocassions he was talking to players in the ruck and tapping them on the shoulder to tell them to get up cleanly.

The game was a really good game. Saints gave away two interception tries to Salford in the first half and continued to make uncharacteristic errors in the second half, they spilled the ball quite a few times whilst under no pressure and made a few dud passes. Hodgson tried a drop goal attempt from the HW line, but it was charged down. Saints also had two tries disallowed for knock-ons.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

so Rob are you saying the froggey ref was crap

or just the fact that Stains are crap
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

OAM posted:
so Rob are you saying the froggey ref was crap

or just the fact that Stains are crap
I don't think he was SL standard, not crap though. I think this stint in the UK will have done him good though.

Saints were pretty crap in spells! Silly errors, passes to no-one, knock-ons, etc.

There's a new star at Saints though, a stand-off / fullback called Kyle Eastmond; little player, amazingly nimble on his feet. He's one of those players that looks an exciting prospect, hopefully, he'll live up to it.