When violence should be allowed?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

When violence should be allowed?

Post by cpwigan »

South Sydney prop Jaiman Lowe is facing a four-week NRL ban for his 'king hit' on Gold Coast centre Brett Delaney on Saturday night.

Lowe was hit with a grade five striking charge - the maximum grading allowable without the incident being referred straight to the judiciary - after being sent off for knocking Delaney senseless.

The incident occurred three minutes from full-time in the Titans' 25-18 win at Carrara Stadium.

The Rabbitohs front rower claimed he had been provoked into lashing out, accusing Delaney of grabbing him on the testicles.

Delaney was not charged over the incident.

cpwigan

Re: When violence should be al...

Post by cpwigan »

Having seen the incident. The player clearly grabbed his crown jewels. Now, IMO, if another player grabs you there, you should be fully entitled to KO him. It seems ludicrous that you get suspended for hitting a bloke who has grabbed your nuts and he gets off scot free?
shawcross da warrior

Re: When violence should b...

Post by shawcross da warrior »

totally agree mate and if they went anywere near that region you should have license to smack away......
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

The same goes for eye gouging. If you do it and someone knocks you out then they shouldn't face any disciplinary or if they have to then both players should get the same ban.

It happened in an international RU match once. A player at the bottom of the ruck grabbed an opponents cluster. The violated player than stamped on his head 3 or 4 times - think that might be going slightly overboard though!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Sounds like a load of b#####s to me... sorry :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered