Ben Thaler - Again!!!!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Ben Thaler - Again!!!!!

Post by turf »

How many times do I have say this but Ben Thaler had a fine game tonight AGAIN with Leeds and Warrington.

He let the game flow and talked to the players throughout the game telling them to clear the ruck, and keep their hands out of the play the ball area and things like that while also making some WONDERFUL decisions.
OAMJSONA

Re: Ben Thaler - Again!!!!!

Post by OAMJSONA »

and as i have said b4

he is the best of the lot

lets have in when we get to the Challenge Cup semis and then final

:eusa10:
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

turf

Re: Ben Thaler - Again!!!!...

Post by turf »

Looked like in the 70th minute that Thaler was quite enjoying himself because Briers went to him and Thaler then said, "just shut up you".

Then Briers said something else, and Thaler said, "Lee, I'll be pedantic in a minute if you don't shut your gob".

Good refereeing By Ben Thaler. What excellent communication/relationship with the players this guy has.
the big i

Post by the big i »

Was that when briers said to him "stevo says your pedantic"
turf

Post by turf »

Yes it was, and Thaler says, "Lee, I'll be pedantic in a minute if you don't shut your gob".

it is good that a young and inexpereinced referee can have good relationship/communication skills with players.

Nice to see!!!! Never heard humour from Thaler before - more of it please mr Thaler.

Also notice how he mixed serious word with players with having a laugh with Biers, Biers was laughing and so was Thaler by the looks of things!!!!

What say you lot?????
wigan_twins

Post by wigan_twins »

turf posted:
Yes it was, and Thaler says, "Lee, I'll be pedantic in a minute if you don't shut your gob".

it is good that a young and inexpereinced referee can have good relationship/communication skills with players.

Nice to see!!!! Never heard humour from Thaler before - more of it please mr Thaler.

Also notice how he mixed serious word with players with having a laugh with Biers, Biers was laughing and so was Thaler by the looks of things!!!!

What say you lot?????
yeah i know what you mean made me laugh too :D
any1 whos fancys a gd hard shagin message me men nd especially women ;) xxxxxxxxxxx
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

i know a couple of referees who hate Briers because he constantly challenges every decision they make

just knock the little twicher out

my lad when they where younger used to knock the little shit Briers all over the park , to the extent he would sometimes go off crying
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

DaveO

Re: Ben Thaler - Again!!!!!

Post by DaveO »

turf posted:
How many times do I have say this ....
Probably as many times as you say Ashton did this or that. You are obsessed with the pair of them!

Dave
turf

Post by turf »

But THIS time Briers was laughing and so was Thaler. Well done Briers and Thaler for sharing a joke.

As I have said before, it is good to see a referee share a joke with players but mix it with refereeing the game properly which I think that Thaler has picked up and developed on, which is a credit to him.

Most of the other five referees are not like that. I have never heard any of the other five being humourous.

If he continues do perform like this the rest of the season, he MAY, just MAY get the referee of the year for 2007.
OJ

Post by OJ »

turf posted:
Then Briers said something else, and Thaler said, "Lee, I'll be pedantic in a minute if you don't shut your gob".

Good refereeing By Ben Thaler. What excellent communication/relationship with the players this guy has.
Classic that was but as you say even Briers laughed at it. No doubt about it Briers is a real pain in the rear end with all the nattering he does to ref's and surprised more of them haven't told him to put a sock in it.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.