Ian Smith.........

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Ian Smith.........

Post by turf »

Has also been moaned about with his performance with Hull Fc v Giants.

I think out of this League, the only referee that repeatedly gets praised, and you NEVER hear/see any criticism of is Ben Thaler.
Laura-xo

Re: Ian Smith.........

Post by Laura-xo »

turf posted:
Has also been moaned about with his performance with Hull Fc v Giants.

I think out of this League, the only referee that repeatedly gets praised, and you NEVER hear/see any criticism of is Ben Thaler.
Agreed.
I really hope we have him for the majority of the matches we have now until the end of the season.

Only problem being he doesn't usually get picked for the big games, and the majority of the games we have from now on are quite big ones; for us anyway.
Loyal Supporters

He goes to the lefttt,
He goes to the riiiightt,
Mark Calderwood,,

Richards is Superman
honestly!
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

we have had quite a few threads about young Thaler and i think the consensus of opinion is that he is a breath of fresh air to the reffing .

Just hope the dinosaurs dnt spoil him
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Laura-xo

Post by Laura-xo »

OAM posted:
we have had quite a few threads about young Thaler and i think the consensus of opinion is that he is a breath of fresh air to the reffing .

Just hope the dinosaurs dnt spoil him
I think we need more refs like Thaler personally. Young and into the modern way of rugby instead of old men like Ganson and Klein who are biased all the time!
Loyal Supporters

He goes to the lefttt,
He goes to the riiiightt,
Mark Calderwood,,

Richards is Superman
honestly!
turf

Post by turf »

As well as that, compared with Thaler's style of refereeing, Ganson/Klein/Silverwood etc are too old and need to get up to date with how to a referee an SL game in the present like Thaler is - not in the past.

Any arguments please feel free to post but I'll say:

Referee Of The Year 2007 - Ben Thaler.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Ben Thaler is good because he tries to keep a low profile in a match, he will let the game flow and realises that rugby is a contact sport.

Referees get more attention when they are poor then when they are good, perhaps it should be the other way around.